All reviews served its purpose pastries walkable distance special thanks clean hotel would definitely stay here again metro station around the corner church balcony colosseum testaccio tiber roma
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

A unhappy clerk would not let me check in into the hotel with my us id/dl even if i had a room already reserved in my name. He was the only person that was working at 7pm into this hotel. I’be been in over 50 hotels in italy, i’m italian, only with my Usa id, since i avoid traveling with my passport. Nothing i could do i left but before i asked “don’t charge my card since i’m here and you are the one not letting me sleep here”. Answer was “Nothing has been charged”. Few days later i saw they charged me the room and they claimed my id was expired (was not).
Avoid

Stayed: December 2017
domus-aventina, Responsabile reception at Domus Aventina, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Dear Sir,

I hope you will be able to show the proof of the payment, we had never debited your card, even if we could. In Italy, to go in a hotel you must have a valid Id and an american driver license is not considered valid for italian law!
I Invite you to remove this review completely false!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I have generously given this hotel a 3 rating. It is. Located in a wonderful neighborhood and within easy walking to the coliseum and many wonderful restaurants. With a good renovation this could be a decent place to stay. The bathroom was upgraded and clean with a tiny shower. The room we had was #22 and really needed the upgrade. The beds had the old type bedspreads that give me the willies not knowing when or if it was changed between guests. On the plus side there was a large patio with table and chairs that would be great in the warmer weather. Breakfast was included in our room rate but was disappointing without any hot food offering. Juice, pastries, yogurt and coffee was the fare. Overall a safe, clean hotel that served its purpose for the oneee night we required.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017

The hotel is close by a metro, so it is easy to get from there to everywhere. The Colosseum is at walking distance. Nice restaurants and supermarkets around the corner.
The rooms are a bit outdated, but clean, with a balcony and AC
Breakfast is good. The man at the breakfast makes great cappuccino's and is very nice!
Good hotel for a weekend trip to Rome!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Hay que decir primero que el barrio Aventino es un placer en Roma. Es muy tranquilo (día y noche), además de pintoresco, para estar en medio de la ciudad. El hotel bien. Tal vez normal. Para el precio que tiene, el desayuno es demasiado básico. Pero si hay que llenar el estómago, despreocúpense. Ahí nomás está lo mejor de Roma, el deleite hecho realidad: Volpetti. Maravilloso.
We should first say that the Aventino district is a pleasure. It is very quiet (day and night), as well as picturesque, to be in the middle of Rome city. The hotel, good. Maybe standard. Breakfast is too basic according to the price. But if you have to fill your stomach, do not worry. Quite close you will find teh best of Rome, the delight come true: it's Volpetti. Wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Had a very enjoyable stay here. It is quite peaceful in such a busy city. Only thing to know is be prepared to walk but there is a lot in very walkable distance.. close to Testaccio, Forum, and Tiber. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple