“Noisy, noisy, unfriendly hotel.”

Hotel San Silvestro
Ranked #599 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 22 May 2010

The hotel is in a great location. But found the staff tied and unfriendly. I am sure they get sick of a stream of tourists but no excuse. The rooms are small, the bathroom adequate, but beds not comfortable and insufficient blankets for time of year. The hotel is so so noisy, my room was over looking a side street, and I found it noisy - Rome never sleeps. My friends room was on a light well, and was all so noisy from the stair well, and the laundry deliveries at 4am and cleaners starting shortly after.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank FarmerM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 April 2010

I had to move to this hotel for 2 nights, as I had extended my trip and my previous hotel was fully booked. I would highly recommend, lovely clean place, good breakfast and excellent location just off Via del Corso, 10 minute walk to Pantheon, Trevi and Spanish Steps. I also liked that as I checked in early, my room was not ready, so I went out, when I returned they had taken my luggage up to my room, a very nice gesture.

My single room was small, but no problem, near the back so very quiet. The bathroom had all modern amenities, breakfast was great with lovely pastries and good capucinno,

Staff were also very kind, the morning i left the guy on reception waited with me for the taxi, to make sure the right taxi picked me up, so that I would not be "intercepted" by a different firm, which I thought was very kind.

Would definitely stay here again on my many visits to Rome, perfect

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
An Agoda Traveller
Reviewed 4 November 2009

• Stayed: November 2009
Reviewed 6 September 2009

Small room - yes... But staff was friendly and helpfull, clean and nice room, good location and good breakfast. Take the cheap 5.50 Euro train from the airport and get off at Tuscolana. Continue with bus 85 to San Silvestro or Metro to Spanish steps.
Another idea. The lines to get in to the famous places, can look very long, dont believe the people selling guided tours about hours of waiting, it only took 15 minutes... save your money for the fantastic food.
Last great idea. Eat at "Life", a winebar/restaurant 2 blocks from the hotel at Via della Vite 28. Very good food and perfect service.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 September 2008

I LOVED this hotel! Yes, the rooms are small, but who goes to Rome to spend lots of time in their hotel rooms?!?!

There was a man at the front desk, Marko, who was, by far, the nicest person at a hotel I've ever met. I had to leave early to catch a bus to Sorrento, and he offered to help me gather food for breakfast, even though the cafe wasn't open yet. He also helped me immensely trying to figure out the confusing bus schedule. I have never encountered someone as friendly as he was.

The hotel is so central that you absolutely must stay here when you visit Rome. It's just off San Silvestro square. From here, you can easily get a bus to Termini or Tiburtina stations, and from there, your options are countless. You're just minutes, by foot, from the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. If you don't have much luggage, you can easily catch a bus to San Silvestro square from Termini or Tiburtina (it's the last stop on the 71 bus). You'll save yourself lots of money vs. taking a taxi! The hotel is literally steps from the bus stop. I'd recommend arriving during the day so you can get your bearings straight.

I would absolutely stay here again thanks to Marko's service!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo