See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2012

My tour operator booked this hotel and it was shocking to check in. the hotel is far from the airport and away from the city center. Taxi charged 85 Euro to take us to this hotel. Airconditioning was weak and the room ws hot as oven in August. The tv was 1 inche bigger than my lap top, The sofas were small and dirty. The hotel room had no kettle or tea cofee facility. I dont know how this hotel got 4 stars. i will not recommend this hotel for stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank hidayattaj
Reviewed 29 August 2012

,although it's located a little further than the center of the city, around 30 minutes walk, it is a great hotel, and i could say that its worth the money i spent on it. the reception people were very nice and helpful and helped me with every question i had. the breakfast was great. i was a bit disappointed that there was no refrigerator in the room, and that there was wi-fi only at the lobby. other than that, a really good hotel, which i would definitely revisit if i come to rome again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank nahum_10
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I booked this hotel via lastminute.com as a "secret hotel" and my normal experience with doing this is very good so when I found out which hotel I was going to I checked it out on trip advisor. Then I suspected I was not going to get such a good deal as usual.

We stayed in the Hotel for two nights and actually in some areas it is not so bad, breakfast is pretty good, location is good and staff were good. But as other people have said this is NOT a 4 star hotel. The room was small, the carpets dirty, the fitted drawer storage unit was broken and ancient, the bathroom was mouldy around the sealant, it was a half size bath so pretty pointless and the shower from the mixer taps spayed all other the floor as there was no curtain or screen and finally the bed - it was the most uncomfortable bed I have slept in, the mattress sagged in the middle so you feet and head were the same height but the rest of your body dipped way down, not good at all.

The lifts are slow and small but you find this all over Italy.

So if I had wanted to book a 2 (maybe at a push 3) star hotel then this would have been ok but as I was expecting 4 stars then it is not ok.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mikeinstanton
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We booked this through Last Minute as a secret hotel. When we checked into our room, it was absolutely filthy. I've attached photos to show, but the walls were very dirty, the lamp shades and below the bed especially were full of dust (and a bottle from a prevous guest), the toilet seat was broken, the sink was blocked (again, see pictures to see why) and the whole place was generally dull.

My partner suffers from asthma so it was definetly not possible for us to stay in the room. When I went to complain, I was treated with contempt (I think because of our age, we are both in our early 20's). The person that was on reception was very rude and all he could ask is how come we hadn't spotted it sooner, trying to pin the blame on us basically (we had waited a couple of hours to discuss what we would do and in finding the faults with the bathroom etc). He was the only rude member of staff we did come across however, the other three receptionists we met were lovely, as were the breakfast staff. However, the hotel did eventually change us to a bigger and cleaner room the next day. I assume from this that if you book through the discounted Last Minute price you'll automatically be assigned one of the smaller and less well maintained rooms.

Our last grievance with the rooms is that on our second last day, we had a long lie, and whilst the maids chapped (and came in once to clean, which is fair enough), we told them we were ok for the day. When we went out and came back at night, our room door was lying opened and the room clean! Obviously, I'm not annoyed about the cleaning but it's extemely disturbing that all of our valuables, our passports, clothes, gifts, everything were just lying for anyone to take. Unbelievable for a 4 Star Hotel.

The hotel itself is about 10-15 minutes walk to the Termini Station and about 10-15 to the streets with the main restaurants etc. It was quite secluded as the metro lines were off during our stay in August.

Hopefully this can act as a heads up to anybody going, but I really do wish I had booked another hotel, and especially for the price I'd advise anyone considering that they could easily find a better standard of hotel in a more central location in Rome for a cheaper price. This was the third hotel we stayed in during a holiday in Italy, and it was the only one that really let us down to ruin a part of our holiday.

Room Tip: Only rooms on the first floor have wifi access, otherwise you need to go to the lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 5 July 2012

After reading some of the reviews here, I was quite terrified of what I was going to see. I was pleasantly surprised. The room (on the 5th floor) was indeed small, but it was pretty much all we needed. The bed was comfortable, the air conditioning worked properly (and the cleaners made sure to turn it on while they cleaned our room, so we would come back from a long day's walk into a nice cool room). The bathroom was also okay, the shower had doors (I read in an earlier review that the shower didn't even have a curtain) and we had a small shelf above the sink to place our stuff on. We consistently had hot water and the water pressure was good.

The television was indeed small and only aired shows in Italian, but if you come to Rome to watch television, that's your problem. I guess that in a country that dubs English movies, you can't expect hotels to air English channels. And although we don’t speak a word of Italian, it was entertaining to catch a glimpse of local TV before we went to sleep.

Breakfast was also okay: a choice between a few buns, croissants, and also packed crackers and toasts, one type of cheese and ham, jams, nutella and butter, granola and cornflakes, yogurt and hard boiled eggs. No vegetables but a great choice of fruit. You can also have cappuccino, espresso or hot chocolate with your breakfast, which was a very nice addition, and the coffee was good.
The elevators are indeed small but not terrible. The main problem is that they were pretty slow.
The receptionists were all helpful (and trust me, we requested their help quite a lot) and were also very nice.

The neighborhood was also nice and safe, and even had a nice cocktail bar and a cute gelateria two minutes away from the hotel. Metro stations are about 15 minutes away by foot, which is not ideal, but there's a bus station right near the hotel that can get you to nice places.

Our only serious problem was with the wireless internet, and you can only access from the lobby or the bottom floors (or you can get poor reception if you're near the window).

Bottom line – maybe not a 4 stars hotel, but it was very decent and pleasant, good value for the amount of money we paid.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple