I'm not a fancy traveler, but I don't like the little things that can ruin your trip. This being said, I really liked Sonya Hotel, even though the little things came close to pushing my buttons.
+ really good location, quiet, close to the metro
+ carrefour right across, via nazionale with a lot of shops very near by
+ rooms not small, not big, adequate. After all, you don't spend time in the room while in Rome
+ bathroom clean and with some space
+ good WiFi
+ real friendly staff
- the charming elevator. You'll first say "aw, this is so vintage, I love it". But only 3 people fit in it and it's always busy
- the breakfast. Boiled eggs, 3 kinds of desert, some pastry, jam, butter, bananas and some peaches. Aaaand that's it. Everyday, the same thing. It's good, but you get tired of it really fast. And I really didn't like that you had to ask for coffee and juice. Felt cheap.
It's a 3 star hotel and that's really all it is. Frankly, I say thumbs up all around, but if you're really picky you might need something more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Sonya is in a quiet area of central Rome, in front of the Opera House and 55 yards from the Viminale Palace. Rooms offer free internet and free Sky satellite TV. Rooms at the Sonya Hotel are air-conditioned and feature a private bathroom and a tea/coffee maker. Breakfast includes a variety of breads and pastries, cold cuts, fried eggs and fresh fruit. The Sonya is a 5-minute walk from Termini Train Station. Free maps of the city are available at the front desk with ticket-booking service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Sonya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonya Hotel Rome