1,638 results
All reviewsopera houserick stevestrain stationyogurtbreakfast staffquad roomclose to terminiwithin walking distancesingle roomnice breakfastcold cutstrevi fountainconvenient locationrooms are smallthree nightsaround the cornerthe air conditioning
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We stayed on the 5th floor, yes the elevator cables were dusty but what do you truly expect? The room was small with a small bathroom but everything was NEW and of good quality, which was nice. Bring your own amenities, I mean soap and shampoo. You only get a little packet. Breakfast is abundant, typical -- fresh fruit, yogurt, ceral, baked goods, cold cuts. Juice, also typical, is lousy made from powder, I'm sure. My cappuccino looked great butg one day it was barely warm(?) and the next day it was mostly milky froth, no kick. The staff at the desk were not genuinely friendly and at the end, when asking for the discount Rick Steves talks about, if paying cash, the man at the desk pretended not to understand when he was asked for a receipt. The kitchen help smiles a lot but do their own thing, understanding neither Italian nor English.

Room Tip: always get an upper floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nitvoyodelo
Reviewed 6 June 2012

On June 1 we went to Hotel Roma Opera where we had reservation for 1 night. We were told they were full and took us to Hotel Sonya. It is a minimal hotel, small room cheaply furnished but fairly nice bathroom. It was clean but bare. Manual pulley type elevator. Had some English speaking TV channels. Great breakfast!!! Freshly boiled eggs, cured meat, cheese, yogurts, pastries, beautiful fruits, etc. Brought us Cappuchinos to drink. Not bad place for one night. Right at Rome Opera Theater.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2012

3 star hotel close to the main train station, good location. The rooms are very clean and the staff very helpful and courteous. We were able to stay in recent renovated room on floor 5 and it was very comfortable. I would consider this hotel great value for Rome.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank docLongmont
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We were in Rome for 2 nights only and then traveling onto Florence via Termini. This hotel was in a perfect location- easy to get to from the train station. I was traveling with my sister and my 15 year old daughter. We stayed in a triple room which had been upgraded with a new bathroom. It was perfect for the 3 of us. They even had a hot water pot in the room which was nice and a nice hairdryer as well. The front desk was very nice and we enjoyed our breakfast both days as well.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We spent 4 cozy, restful nights at Hotel Sonya in mid-May, room 551. Before I get to the good points - and there are plenty of good points - I will point out that Hotel Sonya and Hotel Opera Roma are under the same ownership and do seem to routinely swap guests between the two. My original request was for a room in Hotel Opera Roma, but based on my special request (upper floor with two single beds), we were given a deluxe room in Hotel Sonya - at the higher Hotel Opera rate. That said, the room ended up being everything we were looking for and more, and we felt the price was reasonable.

Staff are warm and welcoming. Upon arrival, we were escorted up to our room and shown all of the particulars of the room. Room was spotlessly clean with a bright, airy feel and appeared as advertised on their website. Flatscreen TV was a nice touch, as was the complimentary internet connection. Bathroom was luxurious by Italian standards. Large shower with plenty of hot water and good pressure. I do wish they had provided tissues/kleenex, but the toilet paper was thick and soft. Bath linens were nice. As usual in Italy, closet and drawer space was severely limited, but we managed just fine. Beds were comfortable with nice sheets.

Breakfast was good with a wide assortment of pastries, cakes, and rolls (all fresh) plus some hot options.

Good location. Close to Termini station and an easy walk to Repubblica metro and Via Nazionale bus stops. Can be noisy at night with the window open, but this is a relatively quiet area.

We had an overall great stay at Hotel Sonya and would certainly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple