1,635 results
All reviewsopera houserick stevestrain stationyogurtbreakfast staffquad roomclose to terminiwithin walking distancesingle roomnice breakfastcold cutstrevi fountainconvenient locationrooms are smallthree nightsaround the cornerthe air conditioning
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Good Location!
Good Service!
Good Breakfast!
Good elevator!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank MengYao S
HotelSonya, Owner at Hotel Sonya, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear MengYao S -

Thank you so much for your kind words. I was happy to read that you and your mother had a nice stay with us
I have passed on your feedback to the team here and look forward to welcoming you
Best Regards

Reviewed 2 December 2011

Our room was a decent size, especially for Rome. The breakfast was very good and there was full access to the internet with three computers in the lobby. The hotel is close to the train station and within two blocks of the main drag, Via Nazionale, where we took the public bus to various location. We spent four nights at Hotel Sonya and we would recommend it for its location.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank korbt
HotelSonya, Owner at Hotel Sonya, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2011

Korbt -

Many thanks for taking the time to post your feedback on your recent stay. I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall experience at Hotel Sonyal. I hope you can stay with us again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed 1 December 2011

I had a nice sized room overlooking a courtyard. The location was in walking distance of the Spanish Steps and lots of shopping. There is a grocery right across the street. Reception and staff were very helpful and pleasant. A wonderful breakfast buffet each morning started us off well each day. They had the BEST cappuccino! The servers in the morning were quick, cute, and very service oriented. They seemed to love their job.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank swoodruf

swoodruf-
Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay especially our staff, the room facilities and our breakfast. I have already passed on your kind words on to my team here. I hope you get the chance to join us again soon and I will look forward to meeting you.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 December 2011

My daughter and I stayed for a few nights before leaving on a cruise and we were very happy with the accomodations as well as the staff.The rooms were spotless and quite comfortable, the in room bathroom looked brand new. The pleasant staff speaks english and is never too busy to help. A real bargain in a generally overpriced city.The first day there, my daughter left her cel phone on the desk in the lobby,and we were half way across Rome when we realized it. I can't tell you how thankful we were to the fellow at the front desk who held it for us.I never got his name but would like to say Thanks Again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
HotelSonya, Owner at Hotel Sonya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

ckapkanoff - Thank you so much for your review and nice comments about our staff! We are very happy that you enjoyed our Hotel. Exceeding our guest expectations and creating a unique, personalized guest experiences are paramount.
Thanks again for your awesome review, and we all look forward to seeing you both again very soon!
Warmest Regards

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Great hotel and location. Breakfast wonderful. Booked using Rick Steve's rate of 150 euro but walk-ins were quoted 100 euro. Other 3 star hotels in area less than half. Be cautious of rate

Room Tip: Avoid new part. Original hotel has larger rooms and breakfast room
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen S
HotelSonya, Owner at Hotel Sonya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear Karen S,
Thank you for choosing The Sonya during your stay in Rome.
Thank you for your kind words regarding our location, and the wonderful breakfast
We are sorry that you did not experience value for the price paid at our hotel and left with anything less than a positive experience.
As our previuos conversations, and your reservation confirmation, (made on March) the price for the arrival period (October 27) was of 161.00 Euro/nigth, then as Rick Steves follower, and showing his book you have a "roof" of 150.00 Euro/nigth, (for a double occupancy room), and another full 5% discount if cash payments.
This as you know, for reservations made through our website.

As you can see now, the price for that period here in Rome is more or less the same for all Hotels around this area (just go to one of the online booking websites to do so).
however the only reason why you hear a lower price is if they happen late cancellations (as the offers last minuts of flight companies), where even against our will, we must lower the price for the same day
I hope this clarifies matters as we certainly don’t want to leave a sour taste in anyone’s mouth.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sonya in person in the not too distant future and to restore your faith in the hotel and us

Warmest Regards