1,171 results
All reviewsrooftop bargreat locationquiet streetminute walkvia cavourwithin walking distancesanta maria maggiorerecommend this hotelcontinental breakfasthard boiled eggstrain stationlovely hotelthree starsalamiside streetstayed here for nightsroom was spotless
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Wonderful Quiet Hotel, day and night. bar on top of the roof with a splendid view over the city, The Statf was very friendly, hotel is close to the mayor attractions of Rome. Metro is also in walking distance. Thank You!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2017

as lovely. Very Italian in style. We weren't expecting 2 single beds as we are a married couple but they were together so was ok.Mattresses were on the hard side but we are uses to a very soft one at home. Extra pillows and blankets were supplied if needed. Good air con. Shower was fantastic so much so I didn't want to get out of it!! Towels were lovely and soft with always a plentiful supply. A better view would have been nice and a slightly softer mattress. Can't fault thé cleanlines as room was cleaned everyday and the breakfasts were fabulous. Everything you could want in a breakfast and plenty of it. Staff very friendly too, always there to help and get you what you need. Would definitely go back again as thoroughly enjoyed our stay at The Colleseum .The area around the hotel was full of life. Lots of restaurants for evening meals with lots of choice. Supermarkets also close by where you could buy most items if you forgot them. The hotel is also a short walking distance from the Train station which is very handy for getting around the City. We used the Metro to get to the Vatican which was very easy and cheap. The hotel did offer trips too, but we decided to manage our own. We had intended to go up to the roof terrace but never got round to it as too tired from exploring all day. We walked alot!
There is alot of Graffiti and rubbish around the streets which we weren't expecting. But that's not the Hotels fault. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did and write a comment on Trip Advisor. They definitely deserve good feedback.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank carlamorris1234
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Let me start off by saying this is my 5th visit to Rome and the location of this hotel was certainly one of the best....and quietest regarding traffic noise - there is none! As all other reviews state its pretty central, about 20 min stroll to colesseum, 10 to termini. A few eateries nearby and a couple of supermarkets. We couldn't believe our eyes when we seen the Pope leave a building nearby one morning and go into a car to then say a mass at Santa Maria which is just around the corner.

A lovely 3 star hotel, nice old style traditional reception area with complimentary tea/coffee and an internet area where you can also use the printer - handy for buying any online tickets for tourist attractions (which I would recommend rather than just turning up like we did)!

Yes the bedrooms are small, and basic but for a 3 star they were value for money. Separate toilet from shower. Small tv, no English channels but you are in rome - not exactly the place you want to stay in and watch tv but a news channel would be good. The bed is on the firm side however this suited us. Spare pillows and a blanket is provided if you feel the cold. Air con worked brilliantly and quite possibly the quietest air con in a room ive ever had. Great as I'm a light sleeper.

Toiletries provided although there is a supermarket very close by so we bought full sized bottles to use. Rooms were cleaned daily and of a good standard of cleanliness.

Breakfast is at 0730-0930. I would have liked it if it was until 1000 as there was a couple of mornings we needed a longer lie after a long day walking and sightseeing. Basic standard continental breakfast, fairly standard although the ham was of a good quality. Nice yoghurts. Some bananas would have been nice rather than kiwi, and what seemed like tinned prunes and peaches. I did ask for espresso and the lady happy provided this for me, it was for my partner who hadn't made it up but he said it was a good espresso.
Roof top terrace is a major plus, fantastic views across the city. The bar on the rooftop is open from 1800-2400. Reasonable prices. Only sorry we did not watch the sunset from here. Some blankets would be a welcome addition as it can get cold up there. Swift check in/checkout, friendly staff.
Only con's I would state is no fridge in room, this would make a difference - especially in the hot weather. Paint was peeling on the wall above the shower (room 31), this looked bad and I'm sure would not be too difficult to touch up - although let me state no damp marks on walls just looked unsightly. The walls in the rooms can be quite thin so a few times woken up by people in nearby rooms and could hear them moving about however if you are a heavy sleeper then this won't be an issue.
All in all a really great stay and I'd say its very good value for money.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mcduffy
Reviewed 15 October 2017

This hotel gets an excellent rating from me not because it is new (it's rooms are a little dated) and not because it is perfect. It gets an excellent rating because it was authentic. It wasn't a generic hotel...it definitely was a hotel in Rome!!! It's located in the Monti neighbourhood, close to the Colosseum, 20 - 25 minutes walking from the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. Lots of great (and less expensive) local restaurants are close by and a grocery store is within a 5 minute walk.
The hotel itself is very clean and the staff, very friendly, helpful and most able to assist us in English with our questions. Rooms are small to medium in size, comfortable and everything that I needed in a place to sleep for the night. Basic but plentiful breakfast buffet included in the room price.
The rooftop bar with it's expansive view of Rome was a wonderful place to relax with a drink at the end of the day and Francesco the bartender was friendly and he introduced us to "Grappa Man" and some smooth and potent Grappa! (which I certainly enjoyed!!).
I loved that the neighbourhood around Hotel Colosseum didn't feel too touristy, we were seeing local Rome but were still near enough to all the famous sights to be able to walk to them and at the end of the day we were coming back to a comfortable, reasonably priced hotel that welcomed us with real authenticity.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank next_holiday_dream
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Ten minutes walk to Colosseum and Metro, lot of restaurants near by look in side street or back road.
Room 21 clean with separate shower and had a little patio. Roof terrace ideal for late night drink with a nice view over city.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple