“Excellent location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #230 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

Four of us stayed at the superbly located Delle Nazioni for 3 nights from 29 June. We booked 2 superior rooms but one was superior to the other. The room my daughter and I had was clean, spacious and although overlooking the street, quiet. My friend and her daughter had a room which was dark (ceiling of dark wooden beams) and had a claustraphobic feel to it and a snail fell from the beams whilst they were in the room. Reception staff were friendly and pleasant, breakfast room staff were surly and miserable. The barman was initially jovial but charged me €5 for a glass I accidentally knocked over. I have never been charged for a breakage before.
The hotel is within walking distance of all major attractions; the Trevi Fountain is literally around the corner.
The hotel is generally very clean, room safes are free to use but you have to pay to use wifi.
Overall, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Bossyboots50
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2012

The hotel was great in every way. Room overlooking busy street was quiet, breakfast was wonderful and staff was friendly and helpful. Cant wait to visit them again. Diane rick

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Diane R
, Director of Sales at Hotel delle Nazioni, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Delle Nazioni.
We are thrilled to know that our hotel was able to accommodate your visit in Rome.
Thank you again for your kind words, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

Sleepless first night due to what sounded like an alarm going on every minute, complained at 1 am then asked for room change the next day, staff condescending but room changed. Room was never clean when we would return to it 5-6 hours after leaving in morning and staff ignored 'Do Not Disturb' signs and knocked until we answered. Got wifi (which you have to pay for) and couldn't log out -- staff fought with us about this but could not figure out how to use Internet. Breakfast big but not good -- canned fruit, odd juices and awful coffee. I gave this an average review but feel more strongly that our stay was terrible and would never return to this hotel or recommend it to others.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris O
Thank you for taking the time to write to us.
It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable night’s sleep, and we sincerely apologize that on this occasion we failed to provide this.
Unfortunately we didn’t find any alarm sounding and no other guests have reported this problem.
We hope that the upgrade room we have done has been appreciated.
Our staff is really familiar with the operation of Wi-Fi, but it’s necessary that the guest leave open the “logout-window” until the end of use (as described at login time).
Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.
Thank you once again for your review.

Karachi, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

I had chosen Hotel delle Nazioni after a lot of research on trip advisor and as a first time traveller to Rome, was apprehensive about the hotel i.e. location, standard etc. The hotel is very conveniently located, you can walk almost everywhere in the city center. It is a two minute walk to Trevi Fountain and we enjoyed many Gelatos there in the evenings after long days of sightseeing. While I was searching for a hotel, my main concerns were cleanliness, security, location and service. I think delle Nazioni did well on all counts. The rooms are not huge but are not as small as people complain. There was room enough for me and my sister and our luggage. The room was well furnished and modern. The fact that there was no carpet was a plus for me. The washroom was clean and spacious. However, the shower is a bit cramped. It was fine for someone like me who is a few inches over five feet but I think some one taller and heavier may find it tough. The breakfast was reasonably good with sufficient variety of breads, cereals etc. Since I am not one for cooked breakfast, can't comment on that aspect. Service was good, I always found the hotel staff to be cordial whenever we asked them for anything. All in all a good experience. For those who are concerned about noise, our room faced a courtyard and noise was not a problem at all.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Sumbul M
Remarhotels, Director of Sales at Hotel delle Nazioni, responded to this review, 21 June 2012
Thank you very much for your review and nice comments. We are so thrilled that you had such a wonderful visit with your sister.

We are definitely looking forward to welcome you to the Hotel Delle Nazioni if you are back to Rome in the future.

Los Angeles, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

The hotel is located just one minute from the Trevi fountain. Location is ideal for this hotel located central to everything. I stayed here for 8 days and my husband was at the hotel for 14 days while on a business trip. I could only say great things about this hotel:

1. Breakfast: is included and is great even for American standards not sure why any complaints food was great!

2. Location: Perfect

3. Clean!!

4. Service: the staff was nothing but nice and helpful. I speak no Italian and yet the staff tried at every level to make me feel comfortable and ensured that I felt at home the entire time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.
We really work hard to achieve the goal to make every guests feel comfortable as at home.

We hope to see you again soon at your “home in Rome” Hotel Delle Nazioni.