“Second time here, will return”
Review of Amalia Hotel

Amalia Hotel
Ranked #474 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This hotel is clean, convenient, reasonably priced and above all......quiet. The hotel may not have a flash reception but everyone is helpful and considerate. I had asked for two rooms close to each other. This was carefully managed by the hotel and made the trip easier for my novice fellow traveller. Breakfasts are typically Italian so if you are looking for something substantial, you may need a snack later. Bathrooms seem to have been refurbished since my previous visit in 2007 and provide core requirements. Aircon works well. The safe in the room is welcome. The addition of flat screen TV's may cheer those who need TV whilst away from home. Restaurants in vicinity are good quality and boast a local clientele. Its close to the metro Ottaviano, the hotel will arrange taxis at a good rate to/from airports if you need at a good rate and its a short walk to St Peter's and the hop on/off bus stops. No more needed......

Room Tip: Reading lights could do with improvement so perhaps take your own ?
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ItalianTripper
StaffRome, Manager at Amalia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Client,
thank you so much for your detailed review of Hotel Amalia Vaticano.
Your prposition to return by Hotel amalian in case of future trip to Rome is the best recommendation for us of the hotel to other travelers.
I do hope you will visit Rome again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Luigi Pirrò

Reviewed 30 July 2011

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights based on a recomendation. It was very nice and clean. Breakfast was ok could have been better. Only had a few pastrys and cereal along with juice and coffee. The only complaints that i had about this hotel was the air conditioning which barely cooled the room off and didnt really cool us off during the night and the wifi which was supposed to come included with my upgraded room but when i asked the desk they played stupid so i had to pay for it anyway. Location was great and neighborhood was also great.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My husband and I stayed at Amalia Hotel upon our return from a Celebrity Cruise with 14 family members. They all flew back to the U.S. and we stayed at the hotel for a night alone in Rome. We had several tours scheduled with Presto Tours and this hotel came recommended from them. We were so pleased. They let us check into our room at 11:30am. We had a wonderful room, a "double" room had a King Sized mattress. Easy/cheap access to WiFi (hard to come by at hotels in Rome). The hotel is a 5 minute walk from St. Peter's Square where we sat from 10-11pm and ate Gelato. Fantastic, complimentary breakfast in the morning. Elevator is small for those traveling with lots of luggage, service is honest and straight forward but not super friendly. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Book room online and get free drink on rooftop!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Just returned from a father/daughter (16) trip to Rome. We stayed 6 nights at the Amalia. This is an excellent hotel for a first time visitor. I've stayed in many hotels in Europe and this was one of the bigger ones, but my first in Rome (so I'm sure there are others just as good). The size was very comfortable for the two of us. Large bathroom and two twin beds put together. We also had a large closet, desk, refrigerator, lock box and Wifi access. The hotel was very clean and had a friendly staff. We stayed in Rm 504, top floor with elevator access. Stairs were available as well and easy to take luggage up/down if necessary. Breakfast was included and a mix of European/American items. For those using the USO, the hotel is half block away. The Vatican is two blocks away, Metro two blocks and numerous cafes' and restaurants all within a block. The AC worked very well, but night temps allowed us to keep the window open. It did bring in the busy street sounds, but when closed it wasn't a problem, and the fresh evening air was nice for sleeping. Wifi was 5 Euro for 3 hrs...good enough for emailing and light web surfing. Overall, a great hotel and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Don't forget an adaptor for chargers & hair dryers/etc.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Dear Client,
thank you so much for your evaluation of Excellent Hotel...I feel so sorry and I apologize since nobody at the hotel answeared to your review in the past. I just took in charge the management of the hotel and it is my pleasure to express my thanks.
I do hope you will visit Rome again in the near future.
Kind regards,
Luigi Pirrò

Reviewed 2 July 2011

Amalia Hotel consider them selves as a 3 star hotel - their website has nice pictures and gives a good impression. But everything is fake... When you arrive you will find that there is not even a proper reception... The hotel is dirty and worn down... Our room 402 had big holes in the walls. Contacted the reception to borrow an iron and board... Sorry sir we don't offer that... A 3 star hotel who does not offer an iron and a board !!! Breakfast is a joke !!
Could write a lot more...but I just recommed you to find another hotel as this is just not value for money... Location is there, yes, but there are so many other hotels around - I would try one of them - don't waste time and money on this hotel !
Cheers from The Nielsens

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank karimba1
StaffRome, Staff reception at Amalia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2011

Please note that for reasons of safety of our customers and especially for the fire prevention Amalia hotel does not provide an iron and ironing board, but has an external service that returns the ironing clothes before 12 / 24 hour .
Best regards