“Barberini”
Review of Barberini Hotel

Barberini Hotel
Ranked #340 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Fantastic hotel.great location.staff friendly and helpful. Rooms clean and although small all you need. City fantastic.hotel near the metro line for Vatican and all other sites within easy walking.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Barberini Hotel

Reviewed 24 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in July 2011 as part of our 6 week vacation in Europe. We were joining an Adventures by Disney tour which started at a nearby hotel, so the location was good for us. The hotel was comfortable - a little crowded for the 4 of us, but fine. The breakfast was good with decent selections and of course the view was spectacular from the breakfast room.
I would, however, try a different hotel next time. It is hard to express why, but we just did not feel particularly welcome. The reception staff were polite but distant is the best way to describe our experience. When we arrived, we were really hot and tired - we had walked from the train station on a hot, muggy day. Perhaps we looked disheveled or something?? not sure, but the man at reception was not particular welcoming - not rude or anything - very polite. We were given our room and did have help with our luggage, but were given no info about the hotel other than where and when breakfast was. I had to come back down to ask about the internet and get codes for our ipads. (Did appreciate the free wifi though!) We sort of felt the same at check out - it was all efficient and polite, but just didn't leave us with a feeling of wanting to return.

Probably didn't help that we had come from Florence where we had stayed at a family run hotel where they had made us feel like part of the family. Just a different experience I guess.

The location of the hotel was good - we could walk to the Spanish Steps and Trevi fountain. Some nice little restaurants around the area as well. Also an interesting church just around the corner where the capuchin monks created room decor with human bones!! My boys loved that!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jgn-7
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Booked this hotel last minute and was not disappointed! Everything was good, if not great - room & bathroom, staff, breakfast, location. I'll start with the room. It may seem small for Americans but it was a good size for Europe. It's not huge, but you can stretch out your arms and not touch both walls. I was comfortable and didn't feel cramped. We had a lovely balcony room on the 5th floor (I don't think there were balconies on lower floors). The bathroom was amazing. Floors and counters were marble/granite, and everything was clean. Shampoo, shower cap, and body wash were provided but no wash cloths, conditioner, or lotion. There was a towel warmer but I never took the time to figure out how to turn it on. Minibar, small safe (not big enough for a laptop), and CNN & MTV in English on the TV. Overall the room was great. Breakfast had a large selection - pastries, fruit, cheese, cereal, cold meats, hot meats, eggs (scrambled & hard-boiled), juice, water, and even champagne (although no one opened it any time I was at breakfast). The breakfast room is on the 6th (top) floor so you get a nice view of Rome. Staff was nice and gave recommendations, but I wonder if their restaurant recommendation in the same building was due to liking or due to the fact that they share a building. I enjoyed the pizza in the never-busy restaurant between piazza barberini and the hotel best. Stand by the door and you can see them toss the dough! There is a very nice spa that is an extra 15 Euros/day but really- go out an see Rome, there are spas in your town. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and will be recommending to my sister when she travels this summer.

Room Tip: Room 506 had a small balcony!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This staff at Barberini Hotel is fantastic. Can't say enough about the service. We had numerous special requests and they always came to our rescue. We traveled on a mom/daughter trip. There were 4 of us. My friend's mom accidentally dropped her bracelet down the drain the night before leaving. Of course we were pressed to get to the airport, reported the situation and expected we would never see the bracelet again. The staff not only retrieved the bracelet, but mailed it back to the US. This type of service is what sets this hotel far apart from the others. We hope to return someday. By the way, the location and breakfast was fantastic too!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2012

As we arrived very late, we were accommodated in a temporary room which was quite small, but adequate. However, the next day we moved to a larger room which was very nice.
From the start, the staff were very helpful and kind. In fact, they they really made the time in the hotel a pleasure.
The loction of the hotel is also very convenient, in that we walked EVERYWHERE, and yet it was all walking distance. Also, Rome is not a particularly quiet place, but this was just far enough away from the major attractions that we could sleep.
I don't quite understand why people complain about room sizes. I didn't go to Rome to look at the inside of a hotel room! If that is important to you then perhaps you should get a life and get out more!
One more thing... (I know I'm going on a bit).... My wife and I would like to thank the staff for contributing to make this a most memorable trip. I will go back, and I will (if possible) stay in the Barberini! 10/10 ........Room 304, 24-31 March 2012.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
barberiniRome, Responsabile reception at Barberini Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Customers,
thank you thank you soooooo much...what else? :-) Hope you dont mind if we make your words "..really made the time in the hotel a pleasure.." our motto.
Your review made us all proud of our work. Hope see you soon!
Mauro