1,696 results
All reviews shuttle bus shuttle service residential area piazza del popolo centre of rome the hotel offers spanish steps lovely hotel superior room quiet location pastries trip to rome tourist attractions large bathroom breakfast staff hotel is situated trevi fountain
Reviewed 21 October 2014

We stayed at the hotel and enjoyed it very much. The staff was very friendly and helpful, great breakfast, nice and clean rooms and public areas. In brief, a beautiful and well maintained hotel.
Take into account that the hotel is a bit far from the city, but there is an urban train 7 minutes walking from the hotel and the hotel operates a shuttle from/to the city (10 minutes drive).
I recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank Elad H
Reviewed 21 October 2014

Since 2011, second review, same hotel. As said before, this is a "connoisseur" hotel. First time in Rome: listen to me, I'm really experienced. We use to spend our time in Rome several times per year, and believe me this is THE accommodation in town! Not in the busy city centre, but in sophisticated and "dolce vita" style of Parioli, you'll enjoy the calm quiet of your room or suite (they are refurbishing a new wing: all suites to die for) and reach Piazza del Popolo in a heartbeat by free shuttle. The really helping staff (from the manager Mrs. Rosa Visocchi to concierge service by Alessandro and Massimo to Laura serving your rich breakfast) will make you appreciate the countless possibility from business meeting, to leisure and cultural discoveries (the hotel is sponsor of Vittoriano Museum, ask for tickets and enjoy modern and ancient art exhibitions). No pools, but a really interesting arrangement with Acquaniene sport center. In your room, comfortable beds with stylish fabrics and in your bathroom plenty of white, fluffy towels, and a no logo bathrobe: luxury!
We use to have sometimes in room service, but this time we had friends for dinner and we tried the hotel restaurant . Perfect for choice, menu, service and healthy proposals! BRAVO!

Room Tip: I like higher floor rooms and suites, sometimes they have a nice balcony with some green pots.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Biavati
Reviewed 9 October 2014

I’ll start with the end – I’d stay here again and happily hold a business event here again.

A number of months ago, I was looking for a convenient location in Rome to hold an international business meeting, and book a number of rooms for a business group, near the Auditorium Parco della Musica in Rome.
I came across The Duke Hotel which had good reviews.

I contacted the hotel and received great response and service from Rosa and Barbara, They answered all my queries and advance requests over the weeks leading up to our event, which helped to make it a great success.

Antonio assisted me in booking transfers from the airport, and upon arrival was extremely helpful with everything we needed, together will the other front desk team (not to be taken for granted in Rome...)

Breakfast is included. Laura in the dining room also deserves a mention, as she spotted me upon my arrival with a “regular” coffee after a “red-eye’ flight. She came over and offered me a cappuccino (“double?” ) with a smile as she read my mind. She was attentive and pleasant throughout the stay.
Luigi was also a great help throughout the time we stayed.
So – I can recommend the hotel – facilities, accommodation and staff.
It’s within comfortable walking distance to the Auditorium. There's a free shuttle to Piazza del Popolo.There are a couple of good local places to eat nearby and a local supermarket right next door.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sam_from_Israel
Reviewed 8 October 2014

My wife and I stayed for a week at The Duke. The room was great. Breakfast was included and was a full meal, very good, There was a shuttle to and from an area about a mile from the Vatican. All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Darryl A
Reviewed 3 October 2014

Best power breakfast in town, Laura is exceptional.
The staff at the reception are so kind and helpful, location 10 minutes from the center, 10 to 12 euro taxi or the free shuttle, accommodation are very good

Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business