“beautiful rooms and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel De Monti

Hotel De Monti
Ranked #74 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“beautiful rooms and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We loved this hotel. The rooms were beautiful (spotlessly clean, A/C, comfortable beds, a generous size), location was perfect (we only took the bus twice in our 5 day stay) and the service was excellent (the recommendations for places to eat were excellent). Everything came with a personal touch. So much so that we felt like we were staying in a good friend's house instead of a hotel. Thank you so much Alessandro, Mauro and the ladies who served our breakfast and cleaned our rooms. Now all the place needs now is an elevator.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PushpaYogini
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

loved this hotel. it was in a great neighborhood, like montmartr a little bit. small but confortable rooms. there was even an ac. and very clean. the breakfast was a lovely spread, local and yummy. service very friendly. very chic atmosphere.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank saer d
United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

I travelled alone to Rome to meet with some friends for some concerts, sightseeing, etc.  I added this hotel to my list of 'maybe'-s due to price, location, amenities (wifi/ breakfast were my definite necessities, most places have this), and great overall user reviews.

It was a little difficult to pinpoint, but after 10 minutes, I found it.  My fault, I wasn't paying close attention to the numbers!  Check-in was exceptional- so much personalized attention! They take their time to explain the area & help answer your questions  (directions, modes of transportation)based on what's probably best for you based on your personal needs as a traveler.  Usually, in larger places, I get 'Passport please.  Here are your keys' and off I'm sent, unless I have questions... Still, I'm usually not helped so willingly & with such consideration for my needs!

I was nervous at first about the small-size of the business, how could they possibly provide what I need?  My worries were quickly gone.  All info is provided on a print-out,  plenty of towels, plenty of spoken information given beforehand- I had no questions, I never had to call for anything.

They give you a list of things you can choose for breakfast the next day- it was more lengthy than I expected, and honestly, I loved every second of eating that breakfast.  Yes, I was very hungry, lol, but knowing that everything was local and tasted so fresh as opposed to mass produced frozen meals from other places, it was even better.  Plus, they bring it to your room- I always HATE making myself presentable for breakfast!  The ability to lounge in my pj's, half-asleep and eat at my leisure?  Perfect.

I learned from a local friend that this was the area 'to be', and hence my choice of this one over a few others.  I was told of the great bars, restaurants, and told that it wasn't really touristy (I agree, saw some, but not like other areas I visited which were completely taken over by tourists.  It is perfectly central.  Comfortably between Termini and Cavour Metro stations (I'd recommend using Cavour as your base station though- a lot closer).  I walked to the Colosseo within 15 minutes on quiet streets, buying water and soda for the price that locals pay as opposed to tourist prices.

I loved the feeling of coming back to my room- it was as if I had my own apartment in Rome as opposed to staying at a hotel.  Some people are less independent and require 24-hour on-site staff, but I LOVED this.  I guess had there been a problem It wouldn't have been so convenient, but there wasn't, so I was perfectly happy.

The room was spotless, everything new, even the bed cover, which most hotels don't wash for every guest.  Shower was small, but all new, I was fine with it.  Great air conditioning.  Room was pretty quiet, could slightly hear the neighbors at time, but not a biggie at all.

It was very understated and simple- but I loved everything about it.  If I ever go to Rome again, I would stay here again in a heartbeat.  I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Grazie mille, Hotel de Monti, for being a part of my great experience in Roma!

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank anti_travel1010
Alessandro Z, Direttore at Hotel De Monti, responded to this review, 14 August 2012
Thank you for this fantastic review!

One of our focus is to let people live the real Roman life, through our tips and advises, perhaps through the real Roman kitchen as well!!!!

We do not believe in those kind of luxury services because we prefer our guests to feel the importance of the Eternal City soul, through a healthy walk of one of the most important and ancient city of the past world.

Next time, as well if you will reserve just for 1 night, we will let you leave the Hotel just when we think it will be enough!!!!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

This Hotel must have the most cheerful, helpful and friendly staff in Rome. Coupled with a generous sized room, excellent decor/furnishings, A/C, Wi-Fi, a good location and great breakfast, you can not go wrong. I think the location deserves special mention. The Hotel really is located in a good part of Rome close to many of the major attractions. From both a sight seeing point of view the location was ideal and we felt 'safe' in the streets, even when returning late at night. Honestly this Hotel is a gem in Rome.

To be fair to other travellers there is only one area which was not prefect and that is that there was sometimes a bit of noise from the floor above. As we understand the floor above is a private unit, the hotel has no control over this area. Even so the noise did not cause us trouble as we tended to retire late and get up early, coupled with being pretty worn-out at the end of each days intense sight seeing. Also as mentioned by others, there are a number of stairs to climb and no lift. Though we were helped with the bags both ways so unless you can not climb stairs to a third floor this should not present a problem.

Overall this Hotel is great value for money and we would not hesitate staying there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GG2099
We are very glad for the review you posted, and we thamk you so much.

The Monti district is one of the oldest in Rome and being in the exactly centre of the city, it let you easily reach everything by your own foot or even with public transportation (there is a huge choice of buses and metro stations here around).

We are wishing to soonly meet you again, as it is always a pleasure to meet such a kind persons as you are!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I loved this place for many reasons!
Firstly, the room and the breakfast, a very chic boutique hotel, full of character and charm!! The breakfast was locally sourced where possible (great to hear!) and was delicious, bought to our room at a time that suited us. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and included the much needed air con!
Secondly, the location was perfect, close enough to all the sights and to the Roma Termini.
As for the service, I cannot compliment the staff enough! When we arrived, although they were three stories up, we were greeted at the door by a member of staff to help with our bags. He then swiftly checked us in whilst helping us decide what to do with our 1 day in Rome, he told us about places we would have never of otherwise found and through his guidance were able to see as much as we possibly could during our stay.
Thank you De Monti!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Alessandro Z, Direttore at Hotel De Monti, responded to this review, 22 July 2012
We appreciated a lot this review!

We will be always here to provide our guests our "homemade" service, consisting in personal tips about where to go and advises to how to skip the big queues of the Roman monuments and musuems.

In here it is called the 0 kms policy, it means that all the products you could have in Hotel De Monti breakfast, come from the agricultural region of Rome, thus everytime fresh and tasty!!!

We wish you all the best and we hope to accommodate you again, hopefully for more nights!