“Friendly, welcoming and good location”
Review of Hotel De Monti

Hotel De Monti
Ranked #94 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, I booked mainly due to the price and location, and wasn't expecting too much, whilst I can't say was luxurious, the hotel was spotless clean, in a fantastic location and I cant rate the staff enough. I was initially concerned as our taxi couldn't find the hotel and it is difficult to find initially, but once found ( the man on reception came out onto the street after taxi driver called him), I was impressed, staff were very friendly, gave us invaluable advice on where to go to avoid queues, recommended excellent (and reasonable) restaurants to eat etc, and generally made our short stay very enjoyable.
It is a 5-10 min walk from Palatine Hill, Forum, Colleseum etc, 10-15 toTrevi Fountain, about 20-25 mins to Panthenon, and probably about 40-50 min (leisurely stroll) to Vatican, so if reasonably fit no need for taxi/public transport.

The room was simply furnished, and breakfast was brought to your room in a morning on a tray (toast croissants/yoghurt, coffee etc), there are no communal areas such as breakfast room or bar etc, so if these are the things you want from a hotel, then this is not for you, but if you want a clean, welcoming and friendly place (with comfortable beds) to rest your head after walking around the city, then I can't recommend Hotel de Monti enough.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 March 2012

We stayed here based on trip advisor reviews and were absolutely delighted.
The owner, Alessandro, was fantastic and we had a wonderful first evening in Rome! He had lots of tips and recs for Rome which we happily tried...will definitely go again on our return to Rome. Thanks for a wonderful visit!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed at the Hotel De Monti for two nights as part of a mid-week sightseeing break. As a solo, female traveller with little Italian language (and my first time in Rome) I was immediately put at ease by the English speaking, friendly and welcoming staff and cleanliness of the Hotel.

Location
The De Monti is located a mere 5-7 minutes walk from the main Termini Station and 10 minutes to the Colosseum along main streets! Everything is within walking distance including the Vatican (30-40minutes). The local area is well lit and I felt safe walking along the streets late into evening.

Breakfast
It is a very well organised hotel - upon check-in you are given details of the WiFi and the order form for breakfast. Each day you fill in the form and 'post' it in the box provided, your selected items are then brought to your door at a time you have chosen (between 7.30 and 10). I strongly recommend the Latte Macchiato – the best I've had in Italy!

Accommodation & Cleanliness
Although my room (double) was not as spacious as the one in the photos, it had everything I needed and was a comfortable base for sightseeing. The en suite bathroom was bright and well laid out and the shower was powerful with constant temperature. The cleanliness of the hotel was second to none - everyday the whole Hotel looked brand new - sparkling clean!

Access
As stated in the Hotel details the De Monti is on the third floor and does not have a lift, however, if you intend to climb the Spanish Steps these stairs should not be a problem. During my stay the staff at reception were true gentlemen and always offered to carry my bags.

The one and only thing I would mention, and by no means a criticism, is the lack of signage to the front of the property. However, if you remember that the Hotel is number 95 Via Panisperna you'll be able to find the front door easily (the Hotel's name can be found on the buzzer system to confirm). The De Monti is only a 2 minute walk from the junction with via Cavour and as a guide is on the floor above another Hotel called B&B Roma which has signs you can use to direct you.

Overall
There is nothing I can say that I did not like about the Hotel De Monti and I will definitely be going back there again. I would rate the De Monti 10/10 - located in the heart of Rome - your heart will be stolen by the De Monti and it's wonderful staff!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank WelshGirlTravels
Alessandro Z, Manager at Hotel De Monti, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

Thank you for sharing al these clear indications regarding our service. I really think it is going to be very useful to all of Trip Advisor members.

It will be such a big pleasure to host you again in the future months.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

Hotel de Monti is absolutely perfect for sightseeing Rome!! From the hotel we went a different direction each day and were able to walk to all major site-seeing attractions quickly. We stayed in Room 35 which was very clean, quiet, and larger than I thought it was going to be for a European room. We chose what we wanted for breakfast each night, slipped it in the box, and it was brought to our room each morning exactly on time. The hotel does not have a elevator, but it did not bother us at all, got to work off all that wonderful food somehow! :) Alessandro (owner) & his Colleague were SO incredibly helpful!! They are prompt in responding to emails, very professional and helped us plan our exploring with tons of local tips/tricks! The hotel is off the main street which we liked, we felt more than safe walking around until the early morning hours. Hotel de Monti is a must stay when coming to Rome - It was everything we expected and more!!!
Thanks for a wonderful vacation
Jessica & Jayson

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank love2travel98087

Thank you for your nice words regarding our hotel.

I herewith underline that if somebody is only looking for a bed in Rome, that person may not appreciate our small hotel: our happiest guests are the ones who want to experience Roman life.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

What can we say about the Hotel de Monti - wonderful location, lovely rooms and warm, genuine service. Alessandro enabled us to fit so much in, by giving us useful tips and wonderful recommendations. Working in tourism ourselves it is a joy to find such a little gem. Thanks to all the staff - we will be back one day.

Helen & Richard
Feb 2011

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helen W
Alessandro Z, Manager at Hotel De Monti, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Thank you Helen and Richard, it is useless to underline how pleasant it has been to host travellers like you. Worst guests we could have are those who think they already know everything about Rome. Why do they come then? I seiously believe we'll come to visit you this summer in Greece.