“Now I have MANY friends in Rome!”
Review of Eddie's Fun Roma

Eddie's Fun Roma
Ranked #229 of 797 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: We're the fun alternative to standard site seeing tours in Rome! We provide vacationers with a rare opportunity to experience Rome as a local resident. Our tours are specifically designed for introducing your group to locals who assist in providing an exciting and genuine adventure of their city. The most fun and fastest track to learn about a foreign city is by interacting with the people who live there. With Eddie’s Fun, we deliver you directly to the action!
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Now I have MANY friends in Rome!”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

I wrote a review for Eddie's Fun on this site about a year ago (titled "V.I.P."), and I just got another chance to visit Rome again just a few weeks ago. I actually didn't do an official tour this time but re-connected with some of the friends I'd made the last time I toured with Eddie. And, put simply, it was like picking up where we'd left off; we had an amazing time!

Eddie's slogan of "You'll have a friend in Rome" is no joke. I got to meet so many cool people while hanging out, dining, and partying (and then partying some more. :) with Eddie and his staff and friends that now I really do have friends in Rome. So if anyone ever asks me why my favorite city in the world is Rome, I always know what my answer is: it's because of the people I met and the friends I made while there.

So if you want to get off the beaten path a bit, see what Rome is really about, make some lifelong connections and have a blast doing it, you should give Eddie's Fun a try. But don't be surprised if you find yourself coming back to visit your new friends in Italy again and again...I know I will!

1 Thank R E
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastico!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

We booked the Rome Day (7hr) Tour the first day of our visit. This tour really set the tone for our week in Rome. Getting an overview of the city along with an understanding of the present day Roman culture was what makes this tour both special and unique. Eddie tailors the tour to fit your experience and comfort levels. In my case, this was my first trip to Italy and my 21yr old daughters’ first trip outside the U.S. Our tour guides, Eddie (an American now living in Rome) and Martina (a lifelong Rome native) met us at our hotel lobby, and after a cappuccino and some conversation we headed out into the city. Eddie and Martina are an excellent team, each bringing a perspective that fit well with both my interests (world traveler and History Channel buff,) and those of my daughter (first trip outside U.S. / Nickelodeon Channel generation).

The tour for us was a mix of walking, metro rail and buses that left us with a good understanding of how to get around the city. We walked by some of the main sites including the Colosseum, Circus Maximus, Palatine Hill, Aventine Hill and many others. Most of these are entire ½ day tours themselves, so getting an overview of some of these sites, and figuring out which ones we wanted to spend more time at, was certainly part of what I wanted to get out of my first day in Rome. Also, you get to see a part of Rome that is off the standard tourist tracks. What you don’t get on this tour is the standard tour bus dialogue of ‘this is this and that is that!’ Which especially in Rome (The Eternal City) quickly overwhelms even this history buff. What you do get is a wonderful day with two very interesting, very different people who both live and work in Rome, happy to answer any and all of your questions.

The day ended with a nice ride out of Rome to Marino, and an exceptional meal at a small family restaurant there. The food, the wine, the atmosphere, our new friends – fantastico! Do yourself a favor and save some room for the tiramisu – it will be the best you have ever had!

Eddie really is your sharp, well-traveled “American friend in Rome” and Martina is your Roman friend who with Italian charm and grace tells you all about the city that is her home. Together they present Rome and its people in an authentic experience that goes way beyond a simple ‘guided tour.’

Thanks again, Eddie and Martina! Hope to see you again soon.

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A local's perspective to Rome”
Reviewed 27 May 2012

Eddie and Alexa were our amazing hosts in Rome. If you want to experience Rome from a local's perspective, do not miss this tour! The day went so quickly and it was like spending that day with old friends. We haven't laughed that much in ages! Eddie and Alexa gave us insight into Italian culture and we had some great discussions about cultural differences between Itay, Australia and the US. The highlight of the day was the beautiful meal shared together - fresh produce, wine made from grapes picked that morning, meeting the farmer and the hospitality of the 'mum and dad/mom and pop' family restaurant. Thank you so much for some great memories.
We did this tour at the end of our trip, but we recommend spending the day with Eddie and his buddy at the start of your trip.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Tellydog
Salt Lake City, Utah
87 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“There really is Fun with Eddie's Tours!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My wife was concerned about a 7 hour tour becasue her friends told her that was too long. The 7 hours flew by - we had an absolutely fun time! Job and Alexa were our guides for the day. They immediately got us into the culture of Rome. While we saw a few of the normal tourist sites in Rome, this was more about going to the areas where Romans live and work. Job and Alexa were fun to be with, knowlegeable in all that we saw, and they adapted quickly, as locals do, when the train schedule changed. We immediately felt like we were old friends.

The trip outside of Rome to Moreno for lunch was a highlight. It was good to see a neighboring village, how the people live, and the food was excellant. We would recommend a tour with Eddie's Fun Tours to anyone visiting Rome - you will not be disappointed.

Olathe, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best tour in Rome!!!”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

In my opinion this is the best tour in Rome, if not all of Italy! While in Italy for 2 weeks we took many different tours in many different cities and this was by far the best! Eddie personally took us around Rome and even outside the city to get a true feel for the area. There is no way would could have experienced many of the things he showed us by ourselves or with another tour. The day we spent with Eddie was the best part of our trip! Best of all the price is great!! Take this tour!!

1 Thank jkh785