“Great family restaurant”

Price range: US$ 28 - US$ 45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: ROMAN CUISINE SINCE 1968 RESTAURANT - PIZZERIAAMONG THE AREAS OF TRASTEVERE - Testaccio - PortaporteseONLY VIA REGISTERED BY GIOVANNI Castelbolognese, 63 ROME
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Excellent cozy restaurant. This was for sure our best meal in Rome.

We have ordered suckling pig, which was amazing as many stated here already. The meat was so tender and full of flavour and the skin was heavenly. The wild boar tagliatelle were very very good too, but the highlight was for sure the suckling pig. Desserts and the house white wine were also nice.

The staff is very kind and polite. They make you feel very confortable, not pressed to leave so other people can come and take your place. It seemed to me, that if you make a reservation, it's your table for the evening, they don't make multiple reservations of the same table at different hours.

It's definitely worth to get off the beaten track for this restaurant. Book in advance!

1  Thank AlexCostoiu

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

A bit off the beaten tourist track and full of locals. Great front of house Albanian couple with owner Gieseppe in the kitchen. Great choice of wine, and excellent value. Stewart was a happy man. Highlight on food front was slow cooked suckling pig . A must to re visit in 2020

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My husband and I decided to try this lovely restaurant based on a blogger that I follow on Instagram, we are so happy that we did! The restaurant itself is a little unassuming and was very quiet when we walked in. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful answering any questions and recommending their favorites when we inquired. We started with a pizza for an appetizer, the dough was light and the cheese and toppings were just the right amount, not too heavy. We debated if it was too much, but each ordered the carbonara and thank goodness we did! The chunks of perfectly crispy guanciale were amazing by themselves, but paired with the creamy pasta, one of the best plates of pasta I have eaten in my travels to Italy! We also ordered the suckling pig which paired a crispy skin with succulent, juicy meat. The ricotta dessert with peaches was a lovely dessert, not too sweet and a smooth, beautiful consistency. All in all one of the best meals we have ever eaten in Italy, we will definitely be back!

1  Thank Megasis4
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights in Rome and two nights in Venice and this restaurant was unbelievable, the downside was that we found this little gem on our first night in Rome, so every other restaurant for the rest of our stay in Rome and Venice couldn’t compare!

Me and my partner spent about an hour searching on here and walking around trying to find a good restaurant, we came by this one, the menu looked good however it was closed at the time (18:00) and wasn’t reopening until 19:30 so instead of walking around some more we decided to take a squat in McDonalds and wait for the place to be open - best decision we ever made!

We were first to be seated, the place was completely empty and we were slightly apprehensive of this however within 30 minutes every table was occupied. The waitress was great, she couldn’t speak perfect English but still made sure she looked after us, she was warm and attentive and tried her best to find a wine we would like.

The food ... coming from a girl born in Naples (South of Italy) and brought up with authentic Italian food, the food here was beyond amazing. We ordered buffalo mozzarella which came out in two massive balls with tomatoes, we greedily ordered bruschetta which was also lovely (to be honest I was full after this and we still had two courses to go, don’t make this mistake!), I had ragu bianco which was amazing and eggplant parmigiana to follow which was fantastic. I cook my own parmigiana using my mum and dads recipe but this parmigiana was special!

We had the most pleasant evening, all the staff were lovely and even though we were pretty much rolling ourselves out of the restaurant from consuming so much food, we did happen to notice there was a queue outside the door for people either waiting to be seated or waiting for collection items.

The price was so reasonable too, three courses, bread, side orders, wine and water only came to 98 Euro for two people.

We always say you know a restaurant is good when it’s full of locals and I would say at least 75% of the people seated were Italian. There was even an adorable elderly man seated by himself pleasantly enjoying the food (and to be fair if I lived in the area I would be in here every evening)

Thank you so much to the staff for being so warm and welcoming and thank you to the Chef for his obvious talents!

Still kicking ourselves that we didn’t come back on the second night of our stay ...

Reviewed 19 March 2018

What a delightful meal my companion and I had tonight in a surprising location near the train station in Trastevere! And, with good options for a vegetarian like me, including cheeses (goat ricotta), a delicious artichoke, mixed grilled eggplant, zucchini, peppers and onions, and of course eggplant parmagiana. If you're in this part of Rome, I highly recommend it. But do make a reservation.