“Thank you to the previous reviewers!”

Best Western Hotel Astrid
Ranked #196 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I chose this hotel at the last minute for a weekend in Rome following the reviews and was very pleased with it. Staff was really nice and very helful which is not always the case in some other hotal chains I have been staying at. I chose the french bedded room for single occupancy and this was small as expected but well appointed and very clean. The shower was on the small side and anybody on the large side would not have managed getting into is as the door opening was less than 40 cm wide. The only thing for me that prevent reaching excellent level is breakfast was not extraordinary, I like freshly pressed orange juice and this was not there, Also large tea cup would have been appreciated rather than coffee cup for everything. No fresh fruit available apart from some fresh fruit salad which was not too appetising. But despite this I would be happy to use this hotel again! Thank you very much to the three members of reception staff I met during my stay. Made me feel very welcome!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mariojim
STAFF_ASTRID, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hotel Astrid, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write a letter about the accommodations you
received at our hotel.

Guest satisfaction is the goal of our management. For this reason we will take your advice about our breakfast facilities to improve it as much as we can.

We look forward to a future opportunity to serve your lodging needs

Sincerely

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 October 2011

The staff at the hotel were excellent and couldn't do enough to help. We stayed for 4 nights in September 2011. The room was a good size for a hotel room in Rome, we stopped in a different Best Western in Rome last year and this one had better sized rooms.

The hotel is situated about 10-15 minutes walk from Piazza del Popolo. although this wasn't an issue especially in the evenings after eating too much pasta it was good to have a walk before bed!!

Good air conditioning and double glazing which kept the traffic noise to a minimum. We had a room on the 4th floor with a lovely juliet balcony overlooking the river and rooftops.

The breakfast was excellent and the terrace was lovely, there was also free tea, coffee and water plus biscuits during the day which was nice when we got in from a day's sightseeing before heading out again for the evening. Also plenty of free bottled water restocked every day in the fridge in our room.

I will definitely be stopping here next time I go to Rome and would recommend it to anyone looking for a nice and friendly hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the front with a juliet balcony (4th floor)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mini1724

Dear Sir,
We want to thank you for writing this review about Best Western Hotel Astrid.
We would like to thank you because are very glad to know you were pleased during your last stay.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

Greta find in Rome just north of the main historical center of town. The main issue I found with looking into hotels in Rome is an issue of poor quality or theft for very expensive prices but this was a great deal and the hotel was very clean/modern and extremely safe. The front desk staff was very helpful with dinner ideas as well and since it's more of a locals neighborhood you won't pay tourist prices and get some amazing food. You have to take one tram plus the metro a few stops to get to/from this location but still only takes about 20 mins to the olosseum and anything else so great overall. Only bad thing to say is wifi didn't work in room and only in lobby.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Penny A
STAFF_ASTRID, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Hotel Astrid, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2011

Dear Sir,
We want to thank you for finding time to write this review about our hotel. Let me tell you that we are very glad to know that our structure gave you a good experience.
Thank you for reporting wi-fi line not working, we will do our best to improve it.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

It meets the basic needs when on vacation in Rome: sleep and shower. After walking for 12 hours all you need is a bed.
The single room was very tiny- really meant for 1 person. Bathroom was bigger than the room itself.
Internet was down for my whole stay (2 nights) because of the some wire cut during repairs. Since the problem occurred on a Friday they had to wait till Monday to try and have it fixed.
The good:
- terrace for breakfast has an amazing view of the river, food was quite good (pastries, good bread, salami, fresh juice, coffee great etc).
- very clean
- staff was quite nice and chatty esp if you speak Italian
- location- initially I thought it was inconvenient, turned out to be good as hotel is close to a major tourist hub: Piazza del Popolo (get off at Flaminio station and take streetcar 2 to Piazzale Manila. Walk up the street for 2 min
Conclusion: who cares about hotels when the city is unbelievable beautiful? Clean, that's all one needs.
Enjoy the beauty of the city!

Room Tip: I slept for 13 hours one night. So I guess it was quiet enough :-)
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo

Dear Sir,
Let me just underline that bathroom in our single rooms is that big because it is meant for people with special needs (Every hotel in Italy must have at least one room built that way).
I also wish to apologize for internet problems: our provider line just went down and we had to wait for their technician to come and fix it.

Reviewed 6 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during a business trip. I chose this hotel for the close proximity to the Academia della Musica where I had to be for work. As I arrived quite late, I was hoping for a hotel restaurant and room service, but the room didn't even have a mini bar. There was free water, tea and coffee in the room though and the hotel staff was very helpful in pointing me toward good restaurants. In order to get into the city center you have to take the tram and the subway. Once you've figured out how to get there, it is really easy though and takes only about 20 minutes to get to all the major sights - again the friendly staff was really helpful in explaining how to get from A to B. The room was very comfortable and even had a view of St. Peter's. Breakfast was plentiful, yet not very diverse, and included in the room price. The breakfast room is on the 5th floor, again with a view of St. Peter's Cathedral. I would recommend this hotel despite being a bit far out of the city center.

Room Tip: try to get one on the 5th floor with a view
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dulin38

Dear Sir,
Please let me just underline that all our rooms have a minibar with free water inside.