“Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #332 of 1,292 Hotels in Rome
Patras, Greece
“Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

From the first time you get in, theyare very helpfull in any question or problem you have.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

I was due to have a relatively complicated holiday in Rome. My girlfriend was to stay with me for four nights, a friend two and I would stay five. We started in a double room, my friend stayed in a single for one night, girlfriend left and he moved in. I asked if it could be switched to a twin and it was all taken their stride. Thestaff always managed to be professional but friendly and helpful.

The real icing on the cake was my friend arrived late one night and I texted him where to meet us when he was on the plane. After not hearing back from him, I remembered he had a new phone and probably had not activated it for abroad. I called the hostel and managed to confuse the hotelier entirely, talking about rooms in different names, someone who may or may not have arrived. I gave directions to where I was and hung up knowing I was not going to see my friend that evening. I was totally wrong. The hotel had looked up the restaurant we were in and had it waiting for my friends arrival, they had drawn the route on the map and made post it notes with directions. They then found my number and called me to confirm the details. Great service!

The hotel itself is in a lovely location. There is a brilliant coffee shop round the corner for breakfast on the river. Close to the Vatican, the main drinking and eating area down south and the centre. The hotel is lovely, we were in very small rooms but they were the budget options. The shower was tiny, I had to tell my girlfriend off for putting the shampoo on the ground as I could not bend over to get it! Not a real gripe as the place was clean, friendly and smart.

If there was one complaint it was the first night. At night a phone rang non stop for ages somewhere in the building. At times there was also quit loud laughing and shouting from what I thought was staff. As I had had a long day travelling, a good nights sleep was required. The Italians speak loudly in general, so I realise it is a cultural thing! Unfortunately our room was close to reception.

The hotel is really close to one of the two city airport bus stops. Which is handy! The other is by termini and the area is a dive.

I would recommend and look to stay here again, if I ever return!

Room Tip: Youet what y pay for. Pay more for a bigger room! I would ask for one away from reception.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank coxy_gj
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

"Hotel staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The hotel was walking distance to every attraction and the location was perfect. It wasn't noisy or too busy and when we asked the staff for a kettle in our room, it wasn't standard but they got us one immediately anyway. They were helpful in telling us directions and ordering us a taxi and were always friendly and spoke good English. There were really nice and easily affordable restaurants around the corner (especially our favourite Vito's), awesome views and sights a short distance away. The room was a good size for the price, was well equipped with spare blankets and pillows (as it was cold when we went), the bathroom was small but adequate. The TV was a really good size and easy to use, as was all electrics in the hotel."

Room Tip: Hotel also has an annex separate from the actual hotel, we emailed and asked to be in a warm, quiet...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cat_and_Liam
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

Just returned from 4 nights in Rome. Stayed in Hotel Sant Angelo and what a wonderful location. 5 minutes from the Airport shuttle bus stop. 15 minutes from Piazza Navone, 10 minutes from Vatican City. Brilliant. It was 5 mins from the Tiber and we were easily able to navigate Rome using the River as our guide.
The hotel was good, clean room, spacious, really friendly staff on reception and in the breakfast room.
Minor negative, bathroom needed upgrading but always plenty of hot water.
Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were on front of main hotel on 1st floor close to reception area - absolutely fine. After a day o...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosiecliff
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Great location for seeing Vatican and area. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is ok ,not gourmet but enough to keep you going. Rooms are basic no frills, fine for a short stay when you're out and about. Overall good value for money, good location ideal for weekend break.

• Stayed February 2012