This was the last hotel we stayed in during our 2 week trip to Italy. We stayed there for one night. We picked it because it had offered an airport shuttle, and because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. When we arrived, we were shocked to find out that the airport shuttle would cost us $45 Euro extra (when it was in our travel documents that it was included). Kumar at the front desk wasted 3 hours of our time on the phone with the "hotel owner" and our booking agent, to try to settle the situation, but they were not willing to accomodate us despite our reservation.
We ended up spending only 5 hours total in the room that night, because we got up at 5 AM just to get out of there. We ended up going to the airport way ahead of time (via public bus) just to leave that awful place.
- This hotel SMELLS VERY BAD.
- The room SUCKS. It was very dark and dank. Smelled like someone had died in there.
- There is mold on the walls, in the air vents.
- The sheets were horrible and crusty.
- There is a tiny elevator that you MUST take upstairs to your hotel room. It fits one person and 1 bag and that's all.
- No alarm clock, or clock for that matter in the hotel room.
- Bathroom light was broken.
- Remote control for the TV was broken.
- By far the WORST costumer service we have ever encountered in our entire lives. Kumar, the man at the front desk should be fired for treating us the way he did.
We are not sure who would rate this an "excellent" hotel. We would have been better off sleeping overnight at the airport, than spending a penny on this piece of garbage of a hotel. It ruined our last night in Italy, and left us with a sour taste for what was supposed to be an amazing trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Lirico is located close to Termini Railways Station, next to the Opera House - on the square overlook some our rooms. These are all air conditioned and furnished with wall fabrics, private bathroom, hairdryer, direct dial telephone, satellite TV Sky, safe and free WiFi access. Reception and Bar are open 24 hours. Is possible to organize guided tours, transfers fron/to Airport or Port, museums or restaurants reservations, rent a car/scooter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Lirico Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lirico Hotel Rome