Staying at this hotel left an unpleasant taste in my mouth and soured my trip to Rome.
**Stay away from this hotel**
Things I didn't like:
- being forced, at the last minute to rent a room for my luggage while I'm away for a day (more below :S)
- internet service
* provided by a 3rd party I'd never heard of
* required to give credit card details to said company on what would at best be described as an amateur looking website
* you must press a button saying "stop" or they will keep counting down your time even when you have no connection
* frequently there is no connection as the connection drops every 5 to 15 minutes
* re-establishing a connection doesn't work every time and then you have to log back in every time
* having to try and log back in to stop the timer, after the connection is dropped
- cigarette smell and ash tray found in a room that we were told (and was marked) no smoking
- though I prepaid the same money for both stays, the second room was a definite downgrade
- checking out early in the morning on the final day and the receptionist leaves us sitting on sofa in the dark rather than turn on the lights
More on the luggage issue:
- I rang up a month prior to visiting explaining that I'd be staying at the hotel twice, with one night separating the two stays so I could go on an overnight trip. No luggage was allowed on the overnight trip, therefore asked if the hotel could hold the luggage overnight and was informed that was possible.
On arrival my partner and I are caught by surprise being told luggage cannot be held by hotel but instead a 3rd party, for a fee, ie 10 euros, can store the bags . We agree telling them we are going early in the morning, what do we do? They told us to leave the bags with them at Reception (deliberately pointing to an area to the side of the desk) in the morning prior to leaving.
- Early the following morning we present to reception with cases to be told by a different receptionist that bags CANNOT be left with them. We are also informed at this stage that booking the service with the 3rd party must be done 24 hours prior and the receptionist, on flicking through a book, cannot find a booking in my name. After outlining emphatically and repeatedly what happened the day before, he checks again that we'll only be gone for a day and reluctantly tells us the hotel will hold onto the suitcases. The manager arrives shortly thereafter and following a discussion with the receptionist, berates us, telling us we didn't book the service the day before, that it is the guest's responsibility to make the booking personally, that the hotel doesn't hold people's suitcases and takes no responsibility etc. Further, he added when using the service, the guests themselves must be present to hand over and sign off on their own luggage . Hotel staff would never do this. He was adamant that his staff all knew the procedure and that his staff would've told us the right thing (despite what we said actually happened).
Solution: So it's 7am in the morning, a vehicle about to arrive to take us on tour, there is NO alternative but to book a room just to hold the cases overnight. We didn't even get to keep the same room (on booking a room for our cases we learnt that there were a number of other rooms available - hotel was certainly not fully booked) and, to add insult, the new room we were allocated was smaller than the original!
Would not stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Patria is one of the 3 star hotels much appreciated by clients for the elegance of its rooms and warm hospitality. Welcoming and furnished with taste, all the rooms of Hotel Patria 3 stars in Rome have air conditioning, free Wi-Fi, plasma TV, satellite TV and phone with direct line, own bathroom with shower or tub, hairdryer and courtesy kit. At our reception, available 24 hours a day, you will receive all necessary information to make your stay in Rome as pleasant as possible and you will also have the chance of booking outings and guided tours. There is also a lounge bar open from 10am until 10pm with a fine choosing of coffee, tea, soft drinks, beers, wine, alcoholic beverages, cocktails and snacks. It is possible to order breakfast and beverages from the bar directly in the room with no extra charge. Hotel Patria has a strategic position, next to a Metro station and all the main bus stops, close to Stazione Termini, an area where you can easily reach the city's most famous fun and cultural places. From the not too distant, neo-Renaissance Teatro dell’Opera, close to Piazza della Repubblica, a short distance from the hotel, you head towards famous Piazza Barberini admiring Bernini's Fontana del Tritone and the Colle del Quirinale, home of the Republic's Presidency. At less than ten minutes away, the Fontana di Trevi. In less than 15 minutes you can easily reach Colosseum, Fori Imperiali and from there also Bocca della Verità and Circo Massimo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Patria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Patria Hotel Rome