“My new home in Rome!!”

Ranked #71 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
alberta
“My new home in Rome!!”
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Loved the Napolean Hotel!! I visited Rome May 13 to 22 with my 82 year old mom, my sister, daughter and neice. We were greeted at the airport and given a relaxing ride to the hotel - included in the rate!! The hotel staff was friendly and attentive on arrival. The rooms were immaculate, shower was hot, and beds comfy. We slept with the window open and were amazed how quiet it was. Breakfast was perfect and the staff made us delicious cappucinos every morning. We only ate dinner in the restaurant one night - it was excellent food and the wine tasting night was a nice social event with other guests. Many nights we sat down in the lounge and sitting area reliving our day in Rome. The area around the hotel is not beautiful, but is typical - it was extremely safe and well situated. We enjoyed the close proximity of the metro and train station. There are many restaurants in walking distance and a small supermarket a few blocks away. This was my 4th trip to Rome and I will not stay anywhere else in the future. My family enjoyed our stay and will have memories for a lifetime!! Thank you to everyone at Napolean for your professional, friendly service. You made us feel special!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this review, 14 June 2012
Dear Guest,
We have been delighted to welcome you and your family for your long stay on last May. I wish to thank you for your lovely review, especially when you write “My family enjoyed our stay and will have memories for a lifetime!!”. Thinking that some hundred thousand people are getting around in the world, with a pleasant memory of us, makes our job different , adds a further value, and makes our Guests so important for us. I would take this opportunity for wishing all the best to your mother, and as I said on your departure, we wait to celebrate even her next birthday!
With my warmest regards
manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here, chose the upgraded room (executive) and it was big, separate sitting area, huge bathroom and walk-in wardrobe. The staff in the hotel speak good English and are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was of a good standard, lots of variety.
The hotel isn't in the nicest area of Rome but with the metro underground literally outside the front door and it only being a 15 minute walk from the colosseum I wouldn't class this as a negative. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 667matty667
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The Napoleon hotel is everything it promises to be…. The rooms are quiet and comfortable and yes a little old fashioned, but isn’t that what the website tells you to expect and isn't that why perhaps this is a 4 star hotel instead of a luxurious 5?

For me this hotel is simply perfect for a short stay in Rome. It’s a 15min walk through the park to the Colloseum and then all other sights (Vatican City, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, Pantheon) can be reached via the inexpensive metro which is just a few steps from the hotel entrance. Further, the fact that it’s “away from the centre” as some people have put in their reviews was a bonus for me (although to be fair I never viewed it as ‘out’ of the centre); dining in the centre is expensive and busy. Personally I much preferred to eat for half the price with a view of the Colloseum!

The communal areas of the hotel (i.e. the bar and lounge) were nicely decorated with antique furnishings and paintings and once more the area was kept clean and offered a nice retreat after a busy day sightseeing. The bar was reasonably priced and the sofas were comfortable to kick back and read a paper, check your emails via the free wifi (also available in your own room) or watch the plasma screen TV.

The Napolean is a family hotel and it definitely shows, the staff are friendly and the hotel manager invited all guests for an apperitivo at the hotel bar one evening we were there, with his compliments which added a nice personal touch and once more meant that we were told of a beautiful restaurant just around the corner (see separate review). Regards to Roberto and Franco for taking the time to speak to us that evening!!

The only niggles I have is that the TV volume had been limited a bit too low for me (I guess a lot of people would see this as a positive) and also the air con wasn’t as effective as I wanted it to be. Other than that it was a great find and I would recommend it to anyone wishing to visit Rome!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lady_rsr5
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this review, 9 June 2012
Dear Guest,
I wish to thank from the deep of my hearth the author of this review. Thanks for the appreciation, thanks for focusing the attention on some positive features of the hotel Napoleon, and thanks also for some remark, that, as usual, we will keep in the highest consideration.
But I would add a special thanks: when you love your job as we do at the hotel Napoleon, every new review is an emotion, almost always nice, very rarely bad. In some case is impossible making any comment, providing any response. Luckily there are our Guests, special persons, like you. Thanks.
Helsinki
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Nice rooms, good breakfast & excellent service. Subway station outside entrance (which was unfortunately closed due to subway expansion during our stay).

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JM1577
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Very attentive staff! Particularly Mary in the breakfast & dining room, Simome, bartender & server. Everyone that worked at the hotel were courteous and helpful. I would definitely stay there again and not hesitate to recommend to others.
An added bonus was when we were too tired from touring Rome all day the resturant was very convient for us and we found it to have some of the most delicious food in Rome! Belle

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Champmiller
napoleonRoma, Direttore generale at Hotel Napoleon, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Dear Guests,
Even on behalf of Mary, Simone and all the team of the hotel Napoleon, I wish to thank you for your kind appreciation. I would take this opportunity to thank all Guests who posted their reviews on Trip Advisor. You give us additional enthusiasm to do our best efforts to make your stays at the hotel Napoleon the most agreeable. We would like very much that the hotel Napoleon could always remain as a lovely memory for all of you. Thank You!