Hotel Regno
Hotel Residenza San Calisto(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 227
US$ 217
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 490
US$ 343
US$ 292
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Manfredi Suite in Rome(Rome)
US$ 684
TripAdvisor
1,797 results
All reviewsvia del corsotrevi fountainperfect locationspanish stepswithin walking distancebritish airwaysbalcony overlookingbreakfast roomdouble glazingrecommend this hotelwalked everywheregood sizemain roadpastriesstreet noisemain sightsfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and we were not disappointed. Although small, it is clean, comfortable and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The position of this hotel is perfect with only a short stroll to the trevi, pantheon, piazza navona as well as the little surprises such as elephants with obelisks and the wonderful decorated columns. Lovely little piazza just off the Pantheon perfect to sit and people watch with a nice coffee. Also the local bus stops are just outside the hotel where you can catch a bus to the forum, spanish steps and vatican for 1 euro!! a trip. Weather in March can be unpredictable but we had a little rain on one day and warm sunshine for the other three.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank justloveabreak
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Booked a 4 night stay with BA in April which was very good value. I had e-mailed the hotel to arrange a taxi transfer from the airport for 50 euros which worked very well despite the fact that we had a 5 hour delay at Gatwick due to an earlier problem but because of our late arrival at the hotel we were allocated a first floor room at the front of the hotel even though I had requested a higher floor as previous reviews have mentioned the street noise, but fortunately it wasn't too warm at night in April so fairly quiet with the double glazing. Our room was fairly small but clean and comfortable with a free safe.

The breakfast room was small but there was usualy a table free even if it hadn't been cleared immediately. There appeared to be a bar area but was not open in the evening for a night cap which would have been nice.

This hotel is in an ideal position - turn left out of hotel then immediately left again and in less than 5 mins you are at The Pantheon - get there by 9 a.m. and you will almost have the place to yourselves (free entry too). Same applies to the Trevi Fountain and The Spanish Steps which were covered with Azalea plants (mid April-May time) which made them look so much nicer - good time to go.

We walked everywhere but decided to take the bus to The Vatican City as thought we would be doing a lot of walking there - 1 euro (get ticket first from info kiosk opposite hotel or tobacconist just down alley left out of hotel) Bus 62 (right out of hotel) validate ticket in machine on bus. I had bought and printed tickets on-line for the Vatican Museum with biglietteriamusei.vatican.va - the official website - we didn't do a guided tour and I can't imagine how you would keep together anyway - went straight in by-passing the queue - you have to put a time you want and you will only be allowed in up to half an hour before but I believe if you are late you will have to join the queue so choose a later rather than too early time. I had read reviews saying that once you get to The Sistine Chapel you can exit the door on the righthand side and go straight to The Basilica but unfortunately my husband had a fairly large backpack which they made him put in the cloakroom so couldn't do this as we wouldn't have been able to get back to collect it. However, after leaving the museum and having lunch across the road there was only a 20 min queue which was for security before going into The Basilica anyway (lucky for him!) Take the elevator up to the Cupola for 7 euros then walk up the other 320 steps to the top (it really isn't as bad as it sounds as it's fairly slow going anyway so giving you a breather every few steps).

I also bought tickets on-line through Omniticket biglietti for The Colosseum and went straight in then walked to the entrance for The Roman Forum and Palatine Hill (same entrance) which was included in the same ticket avoiding queues there as well.

To sum up a very pleasant experience in the beautiful and interesting city of Rome in a nice hotel with lovely weather.

Room Tip: e-mail hotel and request a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank TrudiHornchurchEssex
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed here with my boyfriend July 2011. The location is fantastic, you can walk everywhere! Close to all the main sites as well a spectacular little piazzas and cute streets you will just run into! The service was great, the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful with booking tours. The breakfast was great, a lot to choose from. The rooms are clean and we had a great view over via de corso, busy street but could not here the traffic! Definitely will stay here a again, not too expensive, good value.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank Genken3
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Stayed here at the end of March 2012 the loctaion is great no problem getting to all the tourist areas. Used the city tour bus for the Vatican so as far as sight seeing is concerned it is an excellent loctation.
Some down sides were that we booked the hotel understanding it had a bar and roof terrace however on arrival we were informed that the bar and the terrace were shut. On some days there was a slight sewerage smell in the bathroom.But the room was clean and tidy.
But there was some nice restraunts around the area just out of the hotel and turn right then right again you come to the Taverna del Seminario a great place and reasonably priced.
We did have an early tour one day and asked at the front desk about a packed lunch, we were told that they are not available, but managed to get some fruit from the nice lady who was up early prepering breakfast next morning.
Friday morning the staff must finish early because they certainly started early and were not partculary quite holding a conversation in the corridor next to our room, I think the maintenace man must have strted early as well by the sounds of the hammering further down the coridor.

Room Tip: Choose one at the back of the hotel to avoid the noise from the side streets and the main road.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trevor F
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My elderly friend and I booked this hotel via a British Airways flight and hotel package at a very good price for a four night stay with breakfast, in two single rooms. Having read the reviews and done our homework, we knew that Hotel Regno was going to be a good basic, traditional Rome hotel without any frills, very centrally located. So our expectations about the hotel were realistic from the outset and consequently my review is based on how much (little) we paid for our accommodation.

Previous comments about how well this hotel is located and very convenient for walking to most of the major sites were correct, as were the comments about the street noise late at night if your rooms overlook the main or side streets. But, hey ho, at the price of the rooms, which in fact turned out to be small doubles and not singles, who is complaining about street noise. Also, we two ladies feel quite safe walking around the local streets and piazzas at night because of the buzz all around. But we did hold on tight to our handbags, just in case…... and we needed our comfortable shoes because of all the old cobblestones in the centro storico

Breakfast was a more than adequate, basic Italian continental breakfast, although you could pay a few euros extra for boiled or scambled eggs. Their black Americano coffee was the best hotel coffee I have ever tasted. And it was nice that they supplied you each with a pot each from which you could get about 3 cups.

Rooms and bathrooms were very clean and neat and quite characterful. I only had a very small shower in my small bathroom. My friend’s room was larger and her bathroom had a bath and overhead shower. The maids made up the rooms daily whilst we were at breakfast which was very efficient. There was plenty of wardrobe space and hangers.

We were very fortunate to have wonderful weather for the 5 days we were there and so this made walking to the sites, even to St Peter’s at about 35 minutes away, very enjoyable. A stop on the way back in the beautiful Piazza Navona for a beer, yes is expensive, but you get a little bowl of crisps and a few mini sandwiches included. It is lovely just to sit back and people watch.

We booked transfers with Rome Cabs to/from the airport before we left home over the internet. We did not have to leave credit card details or pay a deposit in advance. At 50 euros per transfer, you pay about 10 euros extra than for a basic white fiat taxi cab from the airport to the hotel. But you get helpful details emailed to you like a youtube link which shows where to meet your Rome Cab driver at the airport, what to do if your flight is delayed and a big comfy, air conditioned limousine Mercedes, a lovely way to start and finish your Roman holiday.

There was one thing at Hotel Regno that slightly marred our stay. After breakfast on our last day, I left in my room a 10 euro note tip for the maid and a wrapped gift that I was taking with me, whilst I went downstairs to pay the mini bar and tax bills and to leave my case. I returned to my room less than 10 minutes later to find the money and gift missing, but almost immediately a strange man, who I had never seen before, knocked at the door and thrust the gift back at me, but not the 10 euros. I was somewhat taken aback. I know I should have complained at reception but I let it go. It was unsettling as this man (who was not the guy who helps take the luggage to rooms or any others whom I had seen working there during my stay) must have been watching out for me to leave my room. He must have had an entry card and made a grab for anything left out for the maids before they did the room. He obvious was not expecting me to return to my room, even though at the time my elderly friend was still in hers next to mine. So make sure you lock up your cases and do not leave anything lying around in your room that could be pinched whilst you are out of it at any time. I wonder if he makes a habit of this?

Room Tip: If leaving a tip for the maids, hand it to them. Do not leave it out. And make sure you don't leave anything valuable lying around your room and lock your suitcase.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends