“Very nice stay”

NH Roma Leonardo da Vinci
Ranked #317 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We enjoyed our staty at the NH Leonardo da Vinci hotel. It was very clean and modern. The room was a little on the small size but had lots of storage and a nice size bathroom. The breakfast was very good. The hotel was in a very quiet neighborhood but only steps away from shops, resturants and transportation. The staff was very helpful. We enjoyed being able to walk to many of the wonderful sites of Rome and returned to our comfortable, quiet room for the evening.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank islandgirl01
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 December 2011

This was a nice hotel located in a great part of Rome. Easy access to the vatican (two blocks) great restaurant right arund the corner. Ask the concierge for the name. My wife and I walked to all the plazas and fountains. we easily walked 5-6 miles a day. It was good to work off the food and wine.
Back to the hotel. Clean and neat. It is not a fourseasons grade but is worth the price for the location and it has all the basics.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank robegraham
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Like most European hotels, the AC is off during the winter months, which can be frustrating for those like me , who like to sleep in cool conditions. Open the window and you can get there, maybe with ear plugs. Beds are average at best, rooms are very small, and the pillows are the worst! They must take down pillows and wash them untill they form into little balls! That aside, the staff is friendly, breakfast is usually free (based on your reservation), and the location for the price is great.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank CaptainCAL
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stayed twice at this hotel last summer and have mixed feelings. The location is OK, in a quiet residential area, and at walking distance to Vatican and Piazza Navona.

The first time I stayed I was put in a renovated room, which was very nice. I had heard about bed bugs, so I checked everything and can confirm there was no issue in my room. The second time I stayed, was a big surprise !!! I opened the door to find an old and smelly room the size of a closet !!! Had to put my suitcase sideways so it would fit between the twin bed and the wall !!

Having the experience of the renovated room, I went back to the front desk and asked to be relocated. I was told so many different stories : 1. there was no other room available, and to come back the next day. to which I had to argue that some people from my company were leaving later that day, and for sure their rooms will be made available ! then I had the 2nd story : OK, you will have to wait after 16h00 (in 2 hours). I told the lady I would wait and handed her my NH fidelity card and suddenly a key for a renovated room appeared in my hand ! (...) .

Being aware of that and having seen the huge difference in the quality of the rooms, I would not recommend this hotel to someone going on vacation, knowing there are chances that they will be given an old room and might not be able to change for a renovated room. Once all the rooms are renovated, I believe this will be a decent hotel and would recommend it for a stay in Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank Ballenita_17
Reviewed 1 November 2011

The hotel was definitely in a great location and the breakfast was good. One night the hairdryer didn't work, and although they sent someone right away to see about it, they didn't have another to replace it. The next night the air didn't work and again they quickly sent someone to fix it. They were nice enough to move us to another room at 11:00 PM. I would not say that the room was especially clean and definitely needed updating. All in all a fair place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple