“All-around Lovely!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Lancelot
Ranked #37 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Lancelot with a group of graduate students studying in Rome for two weeks. We loved this hotel! Every single person who works for this hotel went out of their way to be helpful, cheerful, and sincere. When our studies took us to Florence and a very over-styled hotel, we were all longing to come back to the Hotel Lancelot. You will feel like family here! Everyday was started with breakfast in the dining room and then it was just a short walk to the Coliseum and buses or Metro. When we came back in the evenings, the staff would ask us about our day, and make sure we were set for dinner plans--dinner at the hotel is a great price, includes wine, and is delicious. This is just an all-around great place!

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jannrasp

Reviewed 8 June 2012

We came to the hotel on a recommendation and will be sending on the recommendation to others! We arrived at around 9pm and were greeted warmly and asked had we eaten. We took up the offer of some dinner in the hotel once we had left our bags to our room. The rooms are small (what you come to expect in Europe) but they feel spacious and airy, there is plenty of room for 2! The beds are comfortable and clean and the bathroom adequate. Staying in Rome you don’t exactly what to be hanging out in your room! The food at the hotel is lovely, the dinner provided after our late arrival was very welcome and delicious, we received 4 courses and two bottles of wine, I can’t remember the price but know it was very reasonable for what we received. Breakfast is buffet style, local meats and cheeses, cereal, fruit, yogurts, pastries and juices are provided. Location wise you are right next to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and gardens, while you might think this is a little out of the way of central Rome, you have the metro/train station, and all the tour busses call at the Colosseum, or do as we did and get walking in this beautiful city!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vix7817
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Wife and I stayed here for three days preceding a Trafalgar tour. In all aspects - location, rooms, friendly environment, it was first rate. Mrs Khan has assembled a staff that works together with a genuinely helpful and caring attitude to make one's stay a delight. So very helpful! We are retired and knew that after a day in the city we would be tired, so we took the offer for a half-board rate with dinner in the hotel. Good food (cooked by son of the owner); we met other travelers and thoroughly enjoyed the home-like experience. After experiencing the hotels on the following tour, our rating of Lancelot went to six stars! We'd stay there again should we return to Rome. The location is great for visiting the city; many sights are withing easy walking distance. The bus stops are close by and we took them to places like Villa Borghese and the Vatican with ease; the hotel has the bus/Metro tickets. Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Sixth floor has direct access to the terrace which has flowers and a great view of the Colosseo.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was in Rome from the 14th to the 18th of May and stayed at the Hotel Lancelot. The personal was friendly and attentive, the roundtable dinner with interesting. However the rooms I stayed in was very small and the hotel is on the outskirts of the center of the city.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank MSacauskis
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I spent 4 nights at the Hotel Lancelot. I had a wonderful experience there. The beds were firm but also soft. The matress was comfortable, but firm enough to not know that there was someone on the other side of the bed turning over.

The staff was so helpful with questions and advice. I have a gluten allergy and the staff was very accomodating with my meals. a basket was placed out at breakfast with gluten free goodies. I loved their "Round Table" dinners. For 30 euro you had a 3 course meal and unlimited wine. You are seated with other guests and get to have lively discussions while meeting new people. Again, they accomodated my gluten allergy by making me a special dessert of fruit and sorbet.

The bar is very cute and cozy. They have a bookshelf where you can leave books. A trove of Italy books have been left for you to peruse. I donated 3 myself when I left Italy.

The location is fantastic. it is so close to the Coliseum, but down a very quiet street. City traffic is usually an issue at hotels, but this place was wonderfully quiet.

They also accomodated my friend and I by allowing me to pay for 2 nights with my credit card, and her paying for 2 nights with her card.

I would absolutely stay here again. It was truly a bargain and an incredible find of a hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends