La Residenza dell'Angelo
US$ 380
US$ 233
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Papa Germano(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 70
US$ 67
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2011

My husband and I stayed at this gem of a place for only two nights in May (I say only two nights because we would have loved to stay longer!). Let me start by saying that we arrived in Rome fairly early in the day at the Stazione Termini. Once finding a taxi (that is a whole other story that would not receive a good review), we made our way to the residence. The location of La Residenza dell'Angelo could not be better. It is fantastically located to everything you could possibly want to do while in Rome. When the taxi dropped us off, we could see the top of St. Peter’s Basilica and could clearly see Castel St. Angelo as we were right across from it. The residence itself was difficult to find as there are no signs whatsoever, so when you are looking for it, it is halfway down the block (Via Paola) on the east side of the block (away from St. Peter’s Basilica). After asking around (a very nice local actually pulled out his smart phone and let us search on the internet), we found the door, rang the bell and Allessandro was downstairs in an instant to see if we needed help with our bags. He escorted us to the second level of the building to welcome us to our room. It was in the process of being cleaned but they were more than accommodating in cleaning it quickly and letting us check in early (I believe it was about 10AM by this point). The room itself was a good size (compared to the very small European average room), was very stylish , and had a bathroom that my husband and I could actually fit in at the same time (again, being in Europe, very difficult to find). We could not have been happier with the accommodations. Allessandro quickly got out a map and showed us where we were, made some suggestions of places to eat, and showed us some “spots” that we may want to see, such as Piazza Navona or the Trevi Fountain during our very short stay there. There are so many restaurants, cafes, etc nearby - great location! I knew we were close to many places, but I guess I didn’t realize how close until my husband and I walked to Piazza Navona for dinner that evening and had supper at the Piazza (a once-in-a-lifetime experience). It’s a beautiful 7 minute walk east along the Tiber. If we were to cross the river at Castel St. Angelo and walk west, we would walk straight into St. Peter’s Basilica (talk about a view!!!!). To get to “old Rome” we definitely could have walked, but we chose to take a hop-on-hop-off bus, which also took us to the Colosseum. This residence is conveniently located to so many places … well, we will definitely be staying there next time we go to Rome, and we would definitely say to you that you just have to stay there too!

On a note of location, there is a superb little street that goes eastwards behind the residence that I wish we had spent more time on (from the residence, follow Via Paola south and take your first left – not on the major road - onto this small side-street. This street is full of little shops, cafes, pubs, restaurants ... I think it's called Via Governo); and there is a white church just south of the residence that holds Bernini’s remains – those are two things/places that I would suggest going to if you have time.

As for the service provided by Carlo Mario, Allessandro and Carlo – well, it was beyond any service we received while in Europe! We had asked to have concert tickets mailed to the residence prior to our arrival so that they would be there for us to pick up, but due to the mail system, they did not arrive in time. Carlo Mario and Allessandro did everything they could to make us feel comfortable that they would get the tickets to us – and they did! The tickets arrived in Rome the day we left, and the guys had them couriered to our hotel in London. Not many places would do that. They could not have been more accommodating, helpful and friendly. Exactly the type of people I would want to stay with!

Room Tip: For Rome - book early!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sassychik
Reviewed 15 May 2011

The Residenza dell'Angelo is an amazing little gem in the heart of Rome. Even before arriving Giorgio made sure we travelled worry-free and while there looked after us, too. The rooms are spotless and the interior tasteful. The location is superb, all in all the perfect place to stay when in Rome!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 January 2011

We loved this place. It is perfectly situated for all the sites. We stayed three nights, but only had 2 days for sightseeing. It was perfectly located for walking to Colosseum, and all the sites towards that direction. Then the next day, we walked over to the Vatican and did everything on that side of town. We've stayed in 5* hotels all over the world, and this B&B ranks up there with them.

The room was very well appointed. Although the bathroom was a bit small, and there wasn't a lot of space to hang clothes.

Also, beware, Rome is very noisy. It would be very difficult to find any room that is quiet in Rome, and our room was no exception. We are so thankful that we brought ear plugs with us.

The breakfast was in a coffee shop just up the street.

Carlo was very helpful and helped me get my Italy sim-card up and working. Also, there is a pizza place around the corner called Pizzarello or something like that. Try it out. Carlo can tell you how to find it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2010

The guys who own this place are super nice and so helpful, they take care of your stay from every aspect: the room was comfortable and always clean and tidy and they are also willing to help you with every information you need about Rome. They were so sweet and really made me feel home.
The place itself it's lovely, well furnished and right in front of Castel Sant'Angelo, so close to Piazza Navona, Pantheon, the heart of Rome.
I truly enjoyed my stay, I would definitely recommend La residenza dell'angelo if you want to spend your vacation in a comfycozy atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2010

I spent at Residenza dell'Angelo 6 wonderful days, from 15-Oct till 20-Oct. It was actually really fortune and big luck for me to find it just before my trip to Italy. The owner of the hotel was really polite and very nice, met me upon arrival like an old friend and offered me the best price I had before. The room was very nice perfect tidy and clean, really the best. Shower, bath, twin bed, TV, WI-FI internet, cleaning every day - everything were really nice I was so happy to feel myself like at home in Rome. Everyday I had a breakfast in the cafe downstairs in front of the building, so that was also perfect. Carlo Maria ( the owner) gave me a map of Rome with all main places in it,explained and help me how to see the Rome comfortably. I will stay in my next visit in Rome for sure. It is situated very close to all main building in Rome, very close to Vatican. If you wil stay at this hotel you will see all Rome just before your eyes. I would like to say thank you Carlo Maria and his friends to make my dream in Rome came true.

Kind regards, Dmitry