“perfect”
Review of Albergo del Senato

Albergo del Senato
Ranked #10 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 30 May 2012

What a perfect location in Rome. We walked to all major attractions and literally had the Pantheon at our front door. We arrived on a cruise ship and the hotel sent a car for us. The driver stopped and bought us two cappucinos on the drive to the hotel. Our room was small, but had a king bed and was very quiet. Front desk made our dinner reservations at restaurants we could walk to. Both restaurants were full of local people. Food was fabulous and we were treated like natives. Would definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: we had room in back of hotel and was very quiet

Reviewed 29 May 2012

If you are going to spend a lot of time in the enter city this is the hotel to book. There is no better location, you can walk to most major sites. The staff at the hotel are FANTASTIC. We had the opportunity to stay in the Seminario Suite which is really beautiful. You will enjoy this hotel!!

2  Thank redmanfloridapvb
Reviewed 28 May 2012

In every respect this is an outstanding hotel. It's situation is ideal for anyone wanting to visit Rome - next to the Pantheon and within easy walking distance of all the main sites and excellent restaurants. The staff are delightful and extremely professional. Within an hour of our arrival, each receptionist knew not only our names, but our room number. Drinks on the roof terrace were wonderful and advice on all manner of things top notch. The rooms were beautifully appointed and every detail well thought out. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Request a superior room if you want a view onto the Pantheon
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank SafariSud28
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Quite a while ago I fell in love with Rome and about one and half year ago, at my first visit to the Albergo del Senato I also fell in love with this hotel. I guess it says a lots that I've been back 3 times after that.
The location is just the best. You can walk to most of the famous sites and at the end of the day just hop back again to see it alluminated. Rome looks magical at night. There's a good bus infrastructure (and dead cheap) and the taxis are not expensive at all (compared to Dutch prices). But even in the direct surroundings I keep discovering new breathtaking churches and lovely quaint little shops, and the area is filled with good restaurants. If you get a room with a Pantheon view, you hardly need to get out at all. You can almost touch that amazing 2000 year old building, the Piazza has no traffic and the greatest atmosphere, with street musicians from the afternoon into the evening. But when you want to sleep, just close the windows and you'll sleep like a log. Just hanging out of the window, even early in the morning to see the city come alive makes you feel part of Rome. I've been staying in the same room every time and I'm very pleased with it. It's very clean (and I'm very critical) and it's beautiful decorated, like the rest of the hotel. The bed is better than the one at home. The roof top hotel has a wonderful view of Rome and a a very nice new bartender, Mariano. It's a lovely place to relax after the hustle and bustle of the city.
My main reason for coming back though is definitely the staff. The breakfast room staff are very friendly and efficient and after one day they remember what your choice of coffee/tea is. The chambermaids don't just do a great job, but are always ready with a smile, just like the bellmen, who seem to appear from nowhere to help with luggage and keep the general area's spotless. But I really, really take my hat of for the front desk staff. It's most efficiently managed by Ann. The staff, Mauro, Luca, Alessandra and Luigi are not just very efficient and incredibly knowledgeable (the first city I've never needed to go to the Tourist Information), they're always ready with advice, help and tips and recommendations. They'll book restaurants for you, whatever your taste or budget is. I travel alone, but never feel alone at the hotel. They make time for a chat and they are willing to listen to the enthusiastic tales of my adventures that day. If you have special needs or health issues, you only need to ask once, they do their utmost to help and they remember every next visit. Email in advance and every need is addressed and taken care of, if possible.They are very client oriented and incredible flexible. By now they also know what my interests are and they come up with lots of tips for sites and exhibitions.They all speak English fluently, and I really don't know how Mauro manages to switch from English to German or French in a second, in between answering the phone in Spanish or Portuguese, and never gets mixed up. All of them are genuine, friendly people.
I came back to weeks ago and have already booked for October. My list of things to go and see and do only keeps growing, funnily enough. Do I need to say I heartily recommend this hotel?

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank DutchJudith
Reviewed 28 May 2012

It just seems like in Rome, there are tourists everywhere! we even went to Trastavere and it was full of them! Ok, so are we :) BUT we like to see the real life of locals when we do travel. Not in Rome, it just seems like too many amazing historical sites close to each other and not really any residential areas close by. But, with that being said, wow, the food was amazing everywhere. We did try to stay away from the most touristic sites, and the hotel really offered us some good options for dinner. We had amazing meals everywhere we went and the apperitivo on the terrace of the hotel is a must. Even if our room was noisy, given that it was right in front of the Patheon, once the window was closed, we were fine to sleep. Nice rooms, old style European, clean and great service. Highly recommended hotel :)

Room Tip: A room with the view of the Patheon is a must, although very loud!