“Very nice place:”

Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 100
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: SENSUS Restaurant...ECCOCI nel cuore del centro storico di Roma, ad un passo da Campo de Fiori e Piazza Farnese, uno degli scorci piu eleganti e suggestivi della capitale. Voglia di semplicita e colori..Voglia dei sapori mediterranei di casa tua...Voglia di tradizione mista a novita...Voglia di SENSUS Restaurant!!!
Reviewed 30 April 2012

This is a small place, and the owner is a great host. The food still needs some refinement, I believe with time it will improve.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I tried Sensus based on the recommendation of a couple I met at another restaurant. The food was incredible - all very, very fresh fish. I had the Royale raw plate and thought I had died and gone to heaven it was so good.
The atmosphere is a little 'cold' - maybe trying to hard to be elegant and, the owner seemed a bit of a braggert to me. I was the only person there for a very long time (I did go early) so that added to the experience being a bit sterile. The food made up for it all.
I would definitely go back and do highly recommend.

1  Thank cwalts
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

We celebrated my Birthday here based on the previous reviews and we are pleased to add that we were not disappointed! Carlo saw to our every need in a relaxed yet sophisticated environment. Carlo the owner went over & above what was expected, and it was good to experience true Italian dining in Rome (we've had some dissappointing meals prior to this). Could not fault this establishment & highly recommend to any fussy diner! Well done Carlo & team. A & R (Australia)

1  Thank Smileyanja
Reviewed 21 April 2012

After finishing an outstanding meal and paying what was a very reasonable bill for the standard of cooking and service provided, my wife and I together with our two children could not get a taxi back to our hotel despite Carlo, the owner of this exemplary restaurant trying to call for one for almost half an hour. "No problem, I will take you myself" was his solution! The meal was one of the best we have ever had despite having travelled extensively and living in London and was prepared with the freshest ingredients. The imaginative and varied dishes were executed to a very high standard by a talented team of chefs overseen by a highly involved, knowledgeable and genuinely charming owner who has every right to be proud of what he has achieved in the heart of the tourist district providing excellent food,wine and service. This restaurant richly deserves its status as one of the top 10 restaurants in Rome on Tripadvisor!

2  Thank Cipriota
Reviewed 19 April 2012

During our 7 day visit to Rome my wife and I had dinner at the restaurant twice. We found the restaurant through Google, Tripadvisor, and by walking around looking for alternatives to the few Michelin starred restaurants in Rome and with a focus on sea food. Our first dinner was Wednesday and by the end of that we had booked our next dinner for Friday. It was superb in every way. The food was very modern yet traditional Italian, but without a trace of modernistic (chemical) cooking. Ingredients were top class and the quality consistently high, including the the wines. The service as provided by the owner was fantastic and a text book example of how to provide relaxed but attentive service without fuss. The price was very reasonable. In all honesty we would have just walked by the restaurant if we hadn't done the research as it doesn't make much of itself from the outside, but it IS right in the center of the historic Rome and should NOT be missed.