“Excellent Small, Great Restaurant”
Review of Sensus Restaurant - CLOSED

Sensus Restaurant
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 100
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Description: SENSUS Restaurant...ECCOCI nel cuore del centro storico di Roma, ad un passo da Campo de Fiori e Piazza Farnese, uno degli scorci piu eleganti e suggestivi della capitale. Voglia di semplicita e colori..Voglia dei sapori mediterranei di casa tua...Voglia di tradizione mista a novita...Voglia di SENSUS Restaurant!!!
Reviewed 18 April 2012

This was one of the most wonderful restaurants we ate in in Rome. The owner, Carlo, was exceptionally friendly and very knowledgeable about both the menu and questions we had about Rome in general. This is a very small restaurant with a nice atmosphere and off the beaten path. Everything we tried was wonderful from the appetizer of eggplant parmigiana to the pineapple tarte for dessert. We would highly recommend this restaurant and will eat there again.

1  Thank Alex C

Reviewed 10 April 2012

Sensus is a first-rate restaurant with homemade delicacies, great service and modern décor. The menu features English translations and is filled with many options – a few of our favorites were the grilled prawns, eggplant parmigiana (the best we’ve ever tasted!) ravioli, and sea bass. Not only did everything taste wonderful, but the presentation of each dish was beautiful and artistic. The service was excellent and the pace of the meal perfect - you do not wait long between courses. The owner, Carlo, was great at selecting a wine for us and sharing with us his menu philosophies and visions for the restaurant. My husband’s name is also Carlo, and the owner happily obliged my taking a photo of the two of them at this outstanding restaurant. This restaurant should be at the top of everyone’s list to visit in Rome!

Reviewed 16 March 2012

Just a few steps from Piazza Farnese, this seafood reastaurant does not only have great food and an exellent service, but also a elegant but still cosy atmosfhere... I had an appetizer with squid and then a second course of diffrent kinds of fish and seafood, perfectly cooked and the right spices. If you are going to Rome, I can highly recommend Sensus!

Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was looking for a restaurant for dinner in Rome with some friends and clients and stumbled across Sensus online. I was very happy that I went!

The restaurant is right behind the Campo de Fiore and as such is in a great central location. The restaurant is small and I would say geared towards couple or smaller groups. Having said that I went later on a Tuesday evening when things were less busy and they had no problem accommodating a party of 10.

The décor is lovely. Cute without being cutesy and with the right balance of elegance and coziness.

The food.... was excellent. Our table slightly taxed the kitchen, which I imagine isn't huge as we all had different menu items, so service was a little slower than one would expect normally; but to be fair for a group of this size, we should have done a set menu to help with this problem, the fact that they accommodated us so well off of the a la carte menu was impressive. I had people from all over the world and with varied tastes and everyone was happy! The staff did a great job at explaining the menu and answering questions. They were truly excellent on the wine as well, with some great and reasonably priced selections, they clearly love their wine and wanted the pairing to be good. Even at the higher end of the wine menu, the prices were pretty reasonable.

In short, great restaurant, great food, great staff. Go visit and enjoy your time in Rome!

3  Thank amcgb
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Had a really good meal & night out in general at Sensus.
Food was lovely, staff were great and the cost was average for a restaurant of this quality.
Really good atmosphere in here in an area of Rome thats buzzing of a night.
Spoil yourselves.