Town House Fontana Di Trevi
  • Room Service
US$ 392
US$ 361
  • Pool
Boutique Hotel Campo de Fiori(Rome)
US$ 273
US$ 248
Hotel Morgana(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 217
US$ 151
Hotel Villa San Pio(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 321
Hotel Hassler(Rome)
US$ 1,721
US$ 799
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bheart of romeyogurtwithin walking distancetypical italian breakfastbed and breakfastdaily breakfastperfect locationrooms are modernwonderful stayvisit romewould definitely stay here againmajor attractionson footaround the cornerfrancescatownhouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 October 2011

My husband found this B&B as the first stop on our honeymoon through Italy. We took the private car suggested to us by Simone, which was a very welcome option to a cab. We arrived very early, and as our room wasn't quite ready, Simone immediately made us our first Italian coffee - which was fantastic. He then gave us a great map, and circled out several good spots for food, coffee and gelati.

Our room had a view of the fountain if you looked out the window and down the street. The decor was very cool! Breakfast was brought to our door every morning and each morning it changed in accordance with what we had/had not eaten the morning before. Great attention to detail.

Francesca also gave us a few great restaurant suggestions, with one becoming the highlight of our Rome experience (Oesteria Birra Peroni).

When they found out it was our honeymoon, we came home one afternoon to a bottle of red and a very nice note.

Thank you both for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chelsea M
Reviewed 29 September 2011

We went to Town House Fontana Di Trevi at the weekend for our wedding anniversary. It was easy to find, our taxi dropped us at the end of the street (as the road is pretty narrow).
I had chosen the B&B on the basis if the trip advisor reviews and we weren't disappointed.
It is literally right by the Trevi fountain - the location is fantastic!
Simone met us and gave us some really good information and a map about where to go and what to do. He even suggested restaurants nearby that were not over priced tourist traps like the ones on the same street as the B&B.

Prior to going I had been in contact with Francesca to book somewhere nice to go for dinner on our actual anniversary. She gave me a number of suggestions and once we'd chosen made the booking. The restaurant we went to had opera singers singing throughout the evening and was full of Italians rather than tourists! We would not have found it without her recommendation and had a great time.
Also on our anniversary, Simone and Francesca left us a bottle of wine to celebrate! A really nice touch. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to my friends!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrs_B123_11
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I had spent hours on TripAdvisor trying to find a place to stay in Rome that was both affordable and near the central historic area. I had all but given up before I found the TownHouse Fontana Di Trevi. The reviews were great and I decided to go with it.

We were glad that we had taken them up on an offer to have a car meet us at the airport. It only cost 5 euros more than a taxi. It was worth it because I know I never would have found the place and I kind of doubt that a taxi could have either. There are no signs on the street---you just enter by a plain brown door.

Oscar greeted us and we were led up to our room. Keep in mind what others have said: this is not a hotel, but more like a bed and breakfast. Our room was a good size with a slightly noisy air-conditioner (but better than NO AC!). When we opened the window, we could actually see the Trevi Fountain at the end of the street.

Our bathroom had a shower that I seriously don't think a large person could have gotten into. The glass door opening was so small that you kind of had to wedge yourself in. (I'm pretty sure someone posted a photo of it on this site) Other than that, it was fine.

Breakfast was brought to our room on a wheeled cart each morning at an appointed time. They even made us a pot of "American coffee." Very sweet of them.

I had trouble finding a tabacchi that would sell me postage stamps. Mila found me a place, told me the cost, and then mailed the cards later for me. The personal touches were great.

I believe there were only 3 rooms for rent. When word gets out about this place, they will probably be impossible to book again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank recycleladyIL
Reviewed 12 August 2011

My friend and I stayed here on our first and last night in Rome (we did a tour of florence and venice in between). The place is lovely! The rooms are modern and newly renovated. The bathrooms are very clean, not to mention pretty spacious by italian standrds. The location is literally 50meters from the Trevi Fountain. It was a little difficut to find on your own at first, but it's so easy to get aound with the fountain as your landmark. Francesca, Simone, Oscar and Mila were amazing! They helped me book a personal pickup service to and from the airport, gave great suggestions of places to see and eat, made sure we had everything we needed and that we were comfortable. Will definitely stay here again the next time im in Rome.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank annellelazatin
Reviewed 29 July 2011

the nicest people ever , they send personal emails to welcome you and make sure you are OK with arrival time . Please be aware this is not a hotel , it is a townhouse with bedrooms , like a b&b , no living room to hang in though . No sign outside , so look for address and ring bell/buzzer at door . we walked past it a few times . No restaurant on site , but right out front is as many as you could need . Perfect location , walk to fountain and some of the best gelato in Rome . Would stay here again

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple