“Bob's Taxis”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Stefano's RomeCabs

Stefano's RomeCabs
Ranked #1 of 218 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: A well established and highly regarded Roman tour company, our expert English speaking Drivers will tour you in deluxe air-conditioned vehicles. Stefano Costantini, the owner, is renowned for providing the best chauffeured service in Rome and Beyond. Expertise in Shore Excursions, Transfers and Limo Service. Many day tours within central Rome. Thousands of happy customers whose reviews speak for themselves. See as much as you wish in a day, and never feel rushed; our customers always return for more!
Cardiff, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Bob's Taxis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

From Citavecchia to Rome for 6 persons.
Booked via internet. No payment until returned to our ship.
Mercedes 8 seater with good air conditioning
Excellent driver - Franco, speaks very good English, very knowledgeable about the known and not so known sites of Rome.
He gave us a brilliant day out dropping off and picking up to move to another site in Rome.
Much cheaper than the cruise excursion.
So good we booked them for Florence

Visited August 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Princeton, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

I used Rome Cabs to transfer from central Rome to Civitavecchia. A very efficiently run organization. I booked on line, received instant acknowledgement of my booking, confirmation the next day and further confirmation two days prior. Another great thing - the confirmation explains exactly and clearly how to contact them if there are any problems (sometimes it can be confusing to call from a US cell phone). Not that I needed to call - they were at my hotel early, car was clean, driver pleasant and drove carefully and safely. I will most definitely use this company on my next visit to Rome.

1 Thank 963MayaB
Anaheim, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Service in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Drivers were very friendly, courteous and punctual! We are very pleased with the service. The vans were clean and comfortable. Price is excellent! Keep up the good work!

Perth, Australia
“Rome Cabs Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

Top class service, it was lovely being picked up at the airport after the long flight from Australia. in a spotless very large car that was roomy for the 5 of us with luggage. The driver was very polite and helpful and was standing exactly where we were told he would be. The vehicle was spotless and easily roomy enough for our family of 5 with luggage. Many thanks

Visited March 2012
Houston, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“They do a good job, the management really cares”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2012

I booked two transfer/tour combinations with Rome Cabs for our cruise vacation. The first was from FCO airport to the Civitavecchia port, with a Rome tour in between. The second was a week later on our return from the port to the airport, also with a tour included. Both trips featured punctual, safe drivers and comfortable minivans.

The first trip, our driver Stefano met us at the airport and took us to the van where he offered bottled water to us; very welcome on the warm day. Stefano was also quite game, wearing a nice jacket even though the warm weather must have certainly made this less comfortable! Stefano was polite and friendly, and although English wasn't his native language was still able to make a sense of humor come through. In addition, he'd waited for us despite a delay in the flight. The delay cost us some of our tour time and we missed a couple key locations. But Stefano was as accommodating as he could be under the circumstances; he got us to the ATM we needed and also got us to the port on time.

Our return trip was even better. As our ship arrived to port early enough, we were able to commission the "Castles and Lakes" tour from Rome Cabs. The driver, Sylvester, was very friendly, talkative, and spoke English well. He pointed out various parts of the country and the types of crops they were growing, and took us to a pair of castles and the Etruscan tombs. Castle Odescalchi is just a remarkable and beautiful historical site, with a magnificent lake nearby. I don't know if it was because we were lucky or because we were early that day, but we didn't have to deal with crowds at all; we got nearly private service the entire tour and didn't see other tourists. The other castle at Ceri was a fortified city atop a hill. There Sylvester took us into a lovely restaurant for lunch; the restaurant overlooked the countryside and the food was delicious and refreshing; it was a great way to end our vacation.

Note: This review is a second edition. I posted a review earlier and noted one concern I had, and within a day Rome Cabs had contacted me to address the issue. I wanted to update the review with information about this excellent customer service.

The delay on the first trip forced us to cut the tour short. I expressed that this was a disappointment in my original review, though I did not blame Rome Cabs because the delay was not their fault. Shortly after learning of this, the owner of the company contacted me and wanted to make things right; I told him I did not expect anything as this was all in the past and I was satisfied overall, but he was very sympathetic to our disappointment in missing the Colosseum and a couple other spots. I was very impressed; Mr. Costantini wrote lucidly and professionally in explaining the situation. In a time when we see companies care less and less about the customer, the owner of the company cared enough to open communications with me. Mr. Costantini emphasized that my satisfaction was his priority. I felt this really endorsed the quality of the company and earned it a five star rating.

Rome Cabs wasn't the cheapest option, but if I'd bought only transfers from the cruise company, I'd have paid only a little less and tours would not have been included, so I felt that Rome Cabs was able to offer better use of my time. Now I know conclusively that the price also includes excellent and reputable service. You do not want to get stuck in a foreign country with unreliable service, and Rome Cabs was on time at each appointment, both in picking us up and in delivering us to the port and airport.

Visited July 2012