“Best Taxi Firm For Airport Transfers in Rome”
Review of Stefano's RomeCabs

Stefano's RomeCabs
Ranked #1 of 241 Transportation in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: A well established and highly regarded Roman tour company, our expert English speaking Drivers will tour you in deluxe air-conditioned vehicles. Stefano Costantini, the owner, is renowned for providing the best chauffeured service in Rome and Beyond. Expertise in Shore Excursions, Transfers and Limo Service. Many day tours within central Rome. Thousands of happy customers whose reviews speak for themselves. See as much as you wish in a day, and never feel rushed; our customers always return for more!
Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Taxi Firm For Airport Transfers in Rome”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I needed to sort out a two way airport transfer to take my wife and I from Fiumicino airport to our hotel (the Aldrovandi), and back again a few days later. The Aldrovandi had quoted 100 Euros each way for a transfer so I looked on Trip Advisor for something cheaper. I saw some great reviews for Rome Cabs and decided to book with them as they were approximately half the price of what the Aldrovandi had quoted. I was a little nervous about booking a taxi on line but as there was no upfront payment involved I went ahead. I was also nervous about getting stung for hidden extras such as late arrival fees but the Rome Cabs website stated that there wouldn’t be any.
Booking with Rome Cabs turned out to be a very good decision. It’s a really First class service. The driver was waiting for us at the agreed meeting point in the airport even though our Easy Jet flight was over an hour late. He didn't complain or try to charge us extra money which many taxi firms would have done. The taxi was modern, clean and comfortable and we were offered water when we got into the taxi both on the way to our hotel and on the way back by both drivers which was a nice gesture.

We were especially impressed by the lady driver on the transfer back to the airport. Her English was excellent; she was very courteous, polite and professional. She even pointed out some of the historic landmarks in the city along the way. I was really refreshing to know that there was no pressure/expectation of a having to tip the drivers so the price we were quoted was what we paid. I really can’t recommend this company highly enough. It’s the best taxi firm I have ever used. They also do tours. My wife and I didn’t look into these but if they are along the same lines of service and fairness as the taxis then they are probably worth looking at.

1 Thank Si L
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Burradoo, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“First class”
Reviewed 26 June 2012

The RomeCabs website is a delight, especially after enduring probably half of the sites that one visits which are so badly designed they almost invite one to shop elsewhere.

I particularly appreciated the video showing the walk from the customs at the airport to the driver pick-up: it is so much better than just having a description.

The driver was on time, drove carefully and got us to the hotel in comfort. He spoke no English but that was no problem.

Recommended.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Wol747
Pleasant Hill, California
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“If you need a transfer in Roma, look know further.”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

These guys rock. If you want reliable transfer service please call this company. Always on time and very clean vechicles . On our transfers we had multiple drop offs and no problems. The only trouble you will have is coming home and they won't be there, so sad. Traffic sucks in Rome and they know how to drive safely. Thanks Rome Cabs.

Richard and Cathy Perkins

Fredericksburg, Virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“RomeCabs Excellent Service”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Used Rome Cabs twice during our visit to Rome. From FCO to hotel, instructions provided to find our driver were clear and concise. Easily spotted our driver holding our name on a placard. Vehicle was very clean and well maintained. Received a quick tour of Rome as we headed to our hotel. Driver was very professional, friendly, and did NOT talk on cellphone while driving. Trip 2 was from hotel to Civitavecchia. Driver arrived 10 minutes ahead of schedule and again vehicle was exceptionally clean and well maintained. Again, the driver was very professional, friendly, and did not talk on cellphone entire 1:20 trip to port. Dropped us off right in front of Royal Caribbean check-in building. Great service!!!!

Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Like McGarrett on Hawaii Five-O used to say, "Book 'em, Danno!"”
Reviewed 24 June 2012

Don't worry about RomeCabs not coming through. The driver (I regret I did not get her name) actually showed up prior to our scheduled 445AM time at the hotel. The drive to the airport was not done in a manner reminiscent of a Hawaii Five-0 chase scene. She was courteous, efficient and safe. The fare was what they said it would be. I intend to use this service again.

1 Thank platzman