“mamma mia!!!”

La Fontana di Venere
Ranked #405 of 12,775 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 42
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Description: Two steps away from the Trevi Fountain, La Fontana di Venere that is known for its exceptional Mediterranean dishes,like fish, meat and vegetarian/vegan dishes as well. We are glad to invite you all to try our Lasagna the best one in Rome, Fresh Past with mixed Sea Food and Tagliata with porcini mushrooms and tartufo. And dont forget about our outstanding desserts, like hommemade tiramisu or Ricotta and Pears cake.
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We had a fantastic lunch at the Fontana di Venere which is just a stone's throw from the trevi fountain. As it is on a quiet side street to the right of the fountain, it has a calm atmosphere which escapes the crowds and noise of the more prominent restaurants. We have been to Rome 3 times and have come back to this restaurant each time as the food is so good. A welcome addition this time is the excellent air conditioning which was very necessary in the 35 degree heat.

Being vegetarian, we were really pleased with the amount of choices we had on the menu. I went for the simple spaghetti pomodoro/basilico and my husband had penne with 4 cheeses. We had garlic brushetta as well which was crunchy but delicious. All washed down with some house wine which was tasty and a good price. Some of the meaty dishes passing us by looked and smelt delicious, even making us vegetarians drool!

We had excellent service throughout our meal which is par for the course in this establishment. When we visit Rome again (which we will do as it is one of the most beautiful places on the planet), we will be back for more!!

1  Thank she-dee4life
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

We ate here for an early lunch (only ones in the restaurant @ noon) and had an amazing meal. 7 days in Florence + Rome eating regional cuisine and this is the best thus far.

My fiancé had the 4 cheese gnocchi and it was excellent, best I've ever had. I had the spaghetti bolognese and it was equally as tasty. Both were generous portions. We had this + a large beer & glass of wine for 28,50. Great bargain considering our other experiences.

Ambiance Of the restaurant is relaxed and recently renovated complete with roman statue center piece. The waiter saw us fumbling through a Italian - English phrase book and came to talk to us about it and helped talk through common ways to say something vs. the formal way. The owner came and checked on us and we chatted for 15 min about him buying the restaurant 1.5 yrs ago after retiring and renovating the place, changing all ingredients they used to better quality, etc. Super nice / genuine guy!

Will definitely be goin back here next time in Roma!!

Reviewed 21 June 2012

My wife and I went there after reading the reviews listed on this site. We were not disappointed. The best lasagna I have ever had, and the prices are quite reasonable. My wife had a typical Roman dish with ham and radicchio/veal which was also divine. It is close to the Trevi fountain, but is around a corner in a small alleyway. Hard to find, but the atmosphere and service were the best! Will definitely go again "when in Rome".

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My Husband and I just came back from Rome, Italy and one of the most memorable and wonderful experiences of our trip was the dinner that we had at La Fontana di Venere. I found out about it through TripAdvisor on my Nook and was very glad that I did. The food was excellent. My Husband had the Seafood Pasta and I had the Three Cheese Tortellini and the most wonderful Risotto for an appetiser. The owners and servers treated us like family and the entire restaurant has a real friendly atmosphere. When were were leaving Antonio, the owner, found that we had not tasted the home-made Limoncello and had some delivered to the street in front of the restaurant were we toasted while waiting for our cab to arrive. What a wonderful experience! I would recommend this Restaurant to anyone who enjoys great food at reasonable prices with excellent service in a "Home away from home" atmosphere.

A TripAdvisor Member
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

Antonio and his kitchen served my daughters and I the best meal I have eaten for years! Finding him tucked away in a beautiful part of the fountain piazza will be our fondest memory of our trip!! After a discussion of how lasagna is made, (correctly) we left stuffed full . spaghetti carbonara my favorite! I'll be back Antonio, do you put nutmeg in that be Bechemel sauce? Ciao. -Julie and daughters from Wyoming, USA