“perfect apartment, perfect owners, as good as it...”
other travellers have booked this property
dining room
living room with the chimney kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
dining room
living room with the chimney
kitchen
kitchen
living room
living room and the trundle bed
livign room
our alley
our alley
look up!
... round the corner
... and Santa Maria in Trastevere!
surroundings...
shopping nearby
hungry?
plenty of restaurants closeby!
... and markets
the Tiberine island
view of S. Peter from Ponte Sisto
... the key-hole (it is for real!!!)
view of Rome from the Janiculum (a few steps above us!)
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 142 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Paul C
“perfect apartment, perfect owners, as good as it gets!”
Reviewed 9 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015

From the excellent information and communication with Federica and Franco before we arrived, to the warm and genuine greeting on our arrival, the perfect location, superb apartment, outstanding places to eat within 5 minutes walk (in one case about 5 seconds walk!), a very safe area, friendly local people, I could go on for a long time.
You get free wifi and a computer if you want it, free local calls, local maps, books and information all in the apartment.
it sounds all too good to be true, well for our six day stay -- it was! the local cafe for a very Italian breakfast, pizza for lunch and a great range of excellent restaurants within walking distance. An interesting local museum, small shops and 10 minutes walk to the river.
At night we just wandered around the streets of bars and cafes - but the apartment was so quiet, hard to believe all that was going on around us.
Just to explain how thoughtful Federica and Franco are - we missed seeing Franco on our last morning, so he rang the limo he had organised to take us to the airport so he could say goodbye!
You will not regret booking this place.

Liked best: location
Liked least: small bathroom
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
16 Nov 2015
Dear Paul,

we are very happy indeed that you loved our apartment and our beautiful neighbourhood. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us. Guests like you are a blessing! Wishing you all the best

F&F
HawaiianI...
Hawaii/Bangalore
“Fabulous stay!”
Reviewed 29 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

There's not enough praise I can write which would adequately express my happiness at finding this apartment in Rome! We spent 6 days at Al Portoncino and loved everything about it.

The apartment was comfortable and well-equipped.
The bed comfortable and roomy.
The wifi was strong.
The apartment was very centrally located and even though it was extremely close to the hustle and bustle of the neighborhood, it was extremely quiet and serene.

Working with Franco and Federica was a pleasure and made our stay even more special. From our initial email communication, to having an impromptu Rome-tour with Franco on the morning we arrived. I would happily recommend Al Portoncino to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Rome.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quietness of the apartment, even though it was close to the main Trastevere area.
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
2 Nov 2015
Thank you Jen! We also enjoyed meeting you and it was a true pleasure to host such a nice family as yours. Franco still speaks about your son and how well behaved and lovely he is!
We look forward to seeing you again in the future and wish you all the best!
Arrivederci!!! F&F
uyte4305
Virginia, USA
“Wonderful location, fantastic hosts, good value”
Reviewed 28 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I rented this apartment for 9 nights during my 4-week stay in Rome. It is located on a quiet residential street. Yet within five minutes on foot, you are right in the heart of Trastevere, with Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere around the corner and streets lined with many restaurants. In fact, several doors down from the apartment on the same street is a great restaurant where I had three dinners. The owners Franco and Federica are incredibly warm people. We hit it off so well that they took me out for an evening ride in their car even after I checked out of their apartment. When I texted Franco about something in the apartment, he responded quickly. The apartment is equipped with everything a traveler would need. The speed of Wi-Fi is great and there is a washer to do laundry. The maid came to clean once during my stay and once on my check-out. Franco drove me to the hotel I was moving to (I would've preferred not have to move but they didn't have all the days available when I did the booking.) Crossing a pedestrian bridge over the Tiber River, you are in the center of Rome in 5-10 minutes. This is a top-notch choice for rental in Rome.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
28 Oct 2015
Dear Nicky,

thanks you so much for such nice words!!! we loved meeting you and getting to know each other a bit better. This is one of the highlights of hospitality. We put effort in being nice hosts, but we are being very lucky with guests like you! We look forward to having you back sometime soon! All the best
Federica and Franco
YellowRos...
Dallas, Texas
“Comfortable apartment on picturesque one-block cobblestone street”
Reviewed 13 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

This was my second stay at Al Portoncino and I loved it this time as much as I did the first time. I really appreciate the amenities of the apartment: a desk-top computer plus Wi-Fi; a landline telephone; a local cell phone (even though I never did learn how to use it!); a television (good for my Italian); a comfortable bed; and, Federica and Franco are still the very best landlords I have ever had. They are nice, kind, generous and go out of their way to insure that their guests feel at home. The apartment itself is comfortable and clean and is in a great location. I could walk most places or easily walk to a bus, tram or taxi stand. I wish the apartment had more natural light, but everything else is fine. One of the things I like most about Trastevere is its neighborhood, small town atmosphere. I am already dreaming about a return to Al Portoncino and Trastevere!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: the location and the landlords
Liked least: lack of natural light
Travelling group: Solo
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
R_J_11
Melbourne
“Exactly what we were looking for in Rome!”
Reviewed 13 January 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

We absolutely loved our stay at this apartment in Trastevere. It was exactly what we were looking for as it still had the feeling of traditional Rome. We arrived by the private pick-up organised by Franco and Federica. Federica was then on hand to meet us and provide much helpful advice for our visit. The apartment is very well equipped with everything we needed in the kitchen and throughout. We also appreciated the desktop computer. We had our adult daughter with us and the sofa bed was very comfortable and packed away very easily each day. We loved the location with the narrow streets and local restaurants and shops nearby. The markets for fresh vegetables, fruit and seafood were also only a short walk as were supermarkets. We walked everywhere from the apartment and we think that the location is fantastic. Thank you for a fabulous Christmas vacation - we would love to come back,

Travelling group: Other
13 Jan 2015
And we would love YOU to come back! And next time for some time longer! Looking forward to that
F&F
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing