We stayed in Amor for 4 nights at the end of March and we were in room Valentina, which we loved! It was on the top floor in the far corner, at the very end of the corridor overlooking the main road. We were a little concerned about the noise from the street but once we shut the window, you couldn't hear a thing.
George's son greeted us and showed us to our room. He carefully took the time to show us how to open the 3 different doors to get inside (the outside main door, the door to the B&B and our room door) . He asked what kind of things we would like for breakfast and showed us to the kettle and tea facilities located just outside of our room. He even showed us how to work the air con and the TV. To our pleasant surprise, the satellite television even had English channels, complete with sky premier for films.
In terms of location, having the met stop was fabulous right on your door step. As was having Vatican city about a 10 minute walk away. There were a couple of quaint Italian restaurants close by however we chose to venture our of the area most of the time as we wanted to see as much of Rome as possible. However for areas around the Colosseum, be prepared to travel on the met a little longer, you could definitely not walk there.
It was great to come back to an immaculate room each day, with fresh towels and bedding and we always slept incredibly well on the comfy beds through the duration of our stay (mostly due to tiredness!). We asked for extra pillows for added comfort which George happily provided.
We had to leave early in the morning for our flight home (about 7am) and George made the effort to bring our breakfast before the official serving time.
I'd definitely recommend the B&B for couples wanting a romantic break and now I have a perfect excuse to go back, to try out all the different rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amor accomodates you in spacious and modern rooms with sky cable, free wifi connection, free minibar and a delicious breakfast served in your room on your preferable time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Amor Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amor Bed And Breakfast Rome
- Amor Bed & Breakfast Rome Hotel Rome