Palm Gallery Hotel
Ranked #20 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Our welcome was warm. The room was beautiful, tastefully furnished, comfortable beds.
The house and neighbourhood were very quiet and we did not have any noise issues

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were three people traveling to Rome and this place gave us much needed relief from Paris.
The owners were excellent, Louisa even woke early morning to make coffee for us on our day of departure to Paris. And Louisa's husband was waiting for us at the Rome airport when we landed which super awesome. This would be my go to place for my next visit to Rome!!!

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2012

The staff and service at the hotel is far and away the best that I have ever experienced. We arrived around 11 am and we were greeted by a member of the staff. He took our luggage and served us cappuccinos while we relaxed and planned out our first day in Rome. The staff even hurried up to clean our room so that we could get into it before heading into the city. Throughout our entire stay, the staff continuously went above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate us. We happened to be there on New Years Eve and the owner (Luisa) gave every guest a bottle of sparkling Italian wine and pieces of a traditional Italian New Years Cake. She even invited us up onto the roof for an amazing view of the fireworks while we ate cake, drank wine and rang in the new year. She acted as though we were friends of hers that were visiting rather than guests of the hotel.

They have a fantastic (and free) breakfast buffet that includes made to order omelets. The room was nice and a decent size for a European hotel. There is free internet access. Although it is not in the center of Rome, it was nice to be away from all the noise and people. Plus, it was easy to get into the main part of the city via bus or metro (and the staff was glad to help us find the right bus).

I won't even consider staying anywhere else the next time that I go back to Rome. Thanks for a great experience Luisa!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed in many hotels in Italy and this was by far the most expensive one. We asked for a big room and paid 20€ extra for it. It worked out to be a good idea since we stayed here for 3 days. The lobby, reception and the dining room is very tiny however very efficient. The rooms had high ceilings and they were very clean. We parked our car right in front of the hotel for the whole stay. The staff were all helpful and smiling. There were very little to complain about this hotel. One was the towels in our room were all like sand papers but clean. When I tried to tell the owner and she said she deliberately made them to be rock hard for health reasons. The other was the toilet didn't stop flushing and there were constant water flow if you forgot to tap it for the second time. I wouldn't normally write this sort of things on my reviews however the owner seemed to be happy with the way the toilet worked when I told her. So I guess you should now beforehand because the owner seems to think nothing is needed to be done to fix this. Overall this boutique hotel is a good stay, good breakfast, friendly staff and in a relaxing quite neighborhood. I would consider it very good but not excellent.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Serbese
palmgallery, Proprietario at Palm Gallery Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2012

If we are told on time about problems or complains, we can react on time or, at least, try our best.

Just going out, with the luggage already out of the door, you told me the problems (toilet flush, towels). Sorry, how you can say that I am happy with service problems! 24H/day a worker is in the hotel, in charge for the maintenance and sometimes we have been able to fix also trappy problems in less than 15 minutes.
For 3 days, even if you were already using hard and uncomfortable towels and dealing with a flush toilet, you have been congratulating me for the excellent service, saying that the PalmGallery was no doubt the best on this long tour in Italy,… giving me also a fantastic present of Turkish jellies. Please, try to complain as you get the problem!
Even if cheaper rooms were available, you selected the best room of the hotel, suitable for 4 people, wide view, ... and we agreed about a discounted price of 140€.
About the towels, on request , we provide scented towels, washed by a professional laundry, added with softener.
The standard towels are washed and dried at the sun, no softener and perfumes added, according to our culture. This process is very clean, compliant to our environmental protection criteria, healthy for the skin and blood circulation and perfectly absorbent . It’s also more expensive than an external professional service: we spend a lot of hours managing it.

Reviewed 18 February 2012

Hi all, my experience of the Palm Gallery Hotel was very good 1) The staff are very helpfull & knowledegable and will help you with, train and bus times, attractions worth visiting, retaruants,and pricing for all the above. 2) It is clean and simple, but nicely decorated and modern with all the needed facilities including a smoking room. 3) comfortable. 4) About a twenty minute walk from the Spanish steps, where you can take part in the New Rome Free tour, well worth doing,, and 2 minutes from a bus stop which will take you anywhere you want to go and about 10 minutes from a selection of resteruants. 5) Did not bother me but the hotel has several cats.6) We were made to feel really welcome and the staff bent over backwards to help. 7) Value for money, I thought very reasonably priced, I think it was about 440 euro for one 3 bed room for 3 nights, but we got a special deal. 8) To finish the best praise I can give it is if I were to go to Rome again I would not look anywhere else I would immediatley book there.

Room Tip: Corner room was very quiet,but I have to say the whole place was quiet, but it was winter, so I woul...