“Two Wonderful Tours by DGS”

Driver Guide Service
Ranked #10 of 818 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: WELCOME TO ITALY !Customized Tours shows you The Eternal City Of Rome like no one else. Our tours highlight the very best of Italy , We Cotumaze Tours Show you the Enternal City of Rome , Vatican museum , Florence , Naples , Amalfi Coast & Golf Cart Tours in Rome . Delicious wine tastings at select boutique wineries, factory tours and much more. With 20-plus years in the business, we know just which world class spots to show you for maximum enjoyment. Our enthusiastic guides are local experts who will delight you with their wit and knowledge. And no matter which of our affordable tours you choose, you’ll have plenty of time to ask questions, explore and even do a little shopping.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 11 September 2012

My wife and I did a Mediterranean Cruise and then stayed in Rome for 3 days with my 86-year-old mother-in-law and my 16-year-old daughter. We had a full day tour of Rome with Ivano on our first day. He was extremely knowledgeable, personable and fun. He kept us all comfortable and had my mother-in-law stay in his air-conditioned Mercedes while we explored various sights that were too strenuous for her. We got a real feel for the city. The next day we had a tour of the Vatican by Teresa. She was also extremely professional, knowledgeable and fun. We will always remember both tours and we can't wait to get back to Rome.

1  Thank Kevin M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

Ivano showed up at the hotel a few minutes early, eager to show us his city! The full leather Mercedes Limo Van was luxury. He took the time to show us what the sites would have looked like in their day and what they look like now and gave us the details of the site so we could truly appreciate it when we got out of the car. First class service to the top of the hills with car waiting at the bottom and front door of others. VIP enrance with tickets to walk straight in and pass thousands waiting in line for hours. He took us for a great coffee on him after the Pantheon. 8 hours went by so quick. Ivanos enthusiam was contagious and we couldn't quite smiling from the awe of the sites and the way he presented them. It was a birthday present for my wife that I will never be able to top thanks to Ivano and DGS. Thank you for EVERYTHING!!!!!

Reviewed 7 September 2012

We had a terrific day with Ivano - engaging, enriching and fun. Consistent with everything we had read, Ivano was passionate about his city and gave us insights which will remain with us about the magnificent city of Rome. His manner was warm and genuine, which made us feel like we were doing something very special. His use of an iPad app on Rome assisted in drawing our 10 and 7 year old into the tour.

We also got to compare the coffee in a Rome cafe institution with the cafes established by Italian immigrants in our home town of Melbourne, Australia in the 1950s - again, a wonderful opportunity, and we can now understand how lucky we are to have such a rich food, coffee and wine culture in our home city as a result of Italian migration! The ravioli at lunch was - for foodies - a highlight, surrounded as we were by portraits of popes past and present...fantastic!!

As an aside, Ivano also went 'well above and beyond' in assisting us to print an urgently-required document associated with our trip, and entirely unrelated to DGS's tour - this saved us much subsequent time, effort and cost and was a great indication of DGS's personalised service. We were very grateful for his assistance in this regard.

1  Thank ericag9
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Truly First Class Service! Roberta booked our tour a couple of months before we left the US, she was extremely helpful and so easy to work with. Fabio completed the exceptional service during our personal tour of Rome. He was prompt, very knowledgeable of the sites and patient, and it was obvious how much he loves his birthplace. He personally walked us into the Colosseum to avoid the line. The transportation was clean and very comfortable and the price was exactly as quoted at time of booking. The best European tour I have experienced!
Debbie L

1  Thank Debbie L
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We chose DriverGuideService through the excellent ratings on TripAdvisor and my fellow travelers did not let us down. I work in the Travel Industry and will be sure to recommend Ivano and his team again based on my own excellent experience.

We booked the day as a shore excursion from Civitavecchia - note that the end cost was a bit less than booking four tickets on a group tour through the cruise line and we did more and on our own schedule.

Our driver guide fo the day was Claudio. He was born just outside Vactican City and is a proud native Roman. His degree in Art shone through all day long as he was a wealth of information. Claudio was also excellent with my two children (ages 7&8) and kept us on a perfect pace. We truly had a wonderful day and were sad to part with him when back at the ship. I highly recommend asking for Claudio when you book as I will do so myself when we return to Rome for a dedicated stay.

2  Thank F0urPs