“Superb..”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Description: Mamma Angela serves high quality Italian and Roman cuisine with an American twist. Excellent selection of Italian and regional wines and delicious daily specials. Mamma's prides itself on refreshing its menu every season, adding seasonal and premium ingredients local to the region.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A relaxed meal with my dearest friends before we went out separate ways once more! Superb duck salad, Rose frizzante, pasta and company ....

1  Thank romeo017

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

So far the best food in Rome. Excellent salmon pasta. Great beef. Good lentil soup. Friendly service. Friendly prices.

1  Thank Pekka M
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A great recommendation from staff at our hotel, The Liberty Boutique Hotel, a stones throw away, it was ideally located especially after a day walking around this amazing city and to top it all , attentive staff, great menu choice, first class food and wine too, check it out if you're nearby.

1  Thank RJX22
Reviewed 31 March 2018

We each chose a glass of red which was the best thing about the whole meal. Also it is the quickest meal that I've had in Rome. They were busy but we felt that they were in a hurry to get us out. [ we did have trouble actually getting out from our table up against the wall and had to disturb three people in the middle of their meals ] . My starter was good , octopus and potato with parsley, and a large portion but I then had melanzane parmigiana which was bone dry and because of the large amount of sun dried tomatoes in it , that was all I could taste. I have to say it is the worst melanzane I have ever had. Perhaps I hadn't chosen well but I don't think I would return

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We used TripAdvisor to find this great restaurant in the area of our hotel. Nice atmosphere for diner. It was busy on a Friday night with walk-in customers being turned away. We were lucky as we got the last table .
Food was excellent. We had two starters: the squid and potatoes and the stuffed mushrooms and both were great! My Carbonara pasta was delicious! Good wine selection and three types of tiramisu to choose from. Nice staff too.
70 euros for two starters, two pastas, 4 glasses of wine and one tiramisu. We left a tip as we paid ( you pay at the front when you leave, you don’t pay at the table), they tell you the total and that it doesn’t include a service fee. Really enjoyed our meal and would definitely come back!

Been to Mamma Angela Trattoria? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK