“A Quiet Gem of a Hotel”

Hotel Villa Pinciana
Ranked #119 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 27 December 2011

This wonderful hotel is a quiet gem in what can be a noisy city! It is within a few minutes' walking distance to the Villa Borghese Parc - an excellent location for walking or jogging. I love the breakfast setting on the outdoor patio (in the spring). It is a wonderful value with friendly, helpful staff.

Room Tip: I had a wonderful room that opened onto its own private patio, where I would take lunch.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank lkpeterson

Reviewed 30 November 2011

The Hotel Villa Pinciana is a lovingly restored Italianate Villa in a very quiet neighborhood steps from the American Embassy and Via Veneto and the Villa Borghese. Its decorator did a meticulous job of blending light candlelight yellows and whites with Venetian hand blown glass chandeliers and fixtures in the lobby area, and the color theme continues into the rooms above, which are extremely well sound proofed and quiet. Rooms are large, high-ceilinged and beautifully decorated with thick luxuriant carpeting. Beds are expensive, thick and will seduce into sleep easily, sheets and covers high quality. One side of the hotel gazes onto an old church, the other sides onto quiet nearby streets. This is a family-owned hotel and I was extremely impressed to find the warm and friendly female owner coming into the breakfast room to greet my wife and me as if we were family. Although they own 14 of these luxury properties, she treated us as if we were her only guest, an experience we will never forget! Antonio, her front desk manager, went out of his way to help us when we were stuck in Assisi and trying to get to the hotel during a strike. He kindly called the Italian railways and got all of the pertinent information, a real gem. I hate to share such a precious hotel experience (we've visited 50 countries and stayed at some of the best, and this goes into our little travel book as one of our world's favorites) By the way, a secret: the hotel is a 5 star property in everything but services (they have no restaurant or concierge) and marked 4 stars because of the services it does not have (a unique marketing attempt, which I really liked), so you are getting definitely a high luxury Preffered Hotels of the World type of experience for much less if you don't mind taking your own bags to the room and wandering through the delightful restaurants all through the neighborhood to get your lunch or dinner. By the way, one of the best dining experiences in Rome without the exorbitant prices is just around the corner, San Marcos, which has a few branches around Rome. They are like eating at the Ruth's Chris of Italian food--beautiful food in endless variety. But back to the beautiful Villa Pinciana--our experience was luxurious and beautiful and unforgettable and we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here, each has high glass windows that allow you to nap in the afternoon look...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bustravelpro77
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Lovely small hotel in a great location for sightseeing in Rome. A lovely oasis to return to after a day's exploring the attractions. Nice breakfast. Staff helpful when needed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Garry R
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We booked this hotel on the basis of reviews on tripadvisor, and it did not disappoint. A great location, only a couple of blocks from Via Veneto, but far enough from the hustle and bustle of the city to be peaceful and quiet, particularly at night. Also just a short walk to the beautiful gardens of Villa Borghese. The building has been beautifully renovated and the appointments and furnishings were of high quality. The European breakfast was beautifully presented, and thoughtfully put together. Front desk staff Antonio and Magdelena were friendly, courteous and helpful, and handled our transfer bookings from port to hotel and from hotel to airport with no fuss. This is one of the best value for money hotels we have stayed in anywhere in the world, and we would happily recommend Villa Pinciana to anyone looking for classy, quiet, affordable accommodation in Rome.
One little glitch - the hotel recommended we use GLT for a "hop-on, hop-off" bus service while in Rome, and were able to provide us with a ticket (Euro 64 for 48 hours) at their front desk. We would not recommend GLT at all - they were Euro 12 more expensive than other operators, seemed very inefficient with their operation - long waits between pick-ups - and their drivers and staff had a "couldn't care less" attitude to their customers. On our next visit to Rome, we would either walk and save the money, or definitely look for a different operator.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KeithH4
Reviewed 6 November 2011

My name is Pavel Kurenev. As i am myself a travel agent and sending clients for trips for 12 years, i try to choose for myself the best places to stay that worth their money. About this hotel everything is fine if there would not happen a stupid thing! I needed to open a bottle of wine at my room but did not find a bottle-screw. I went to the reception and asked for this thing, a man said he would find it and come to my room to open. In 10 min i made a call to the reception-he said he is still looking for it. At last I went with a bottle downstairs and you will never imagine what he told me!-he said that there is a restaurant nearby and I would better go there to open it! I could hardly believe my ears but as I was in good humor I really went to the restaurant next street and there helped me with this problem. Besides they gave me the bottle-screw as a gift and I gave it to reception with words to keep an eye on it. It was funny that time but you will never believe that exactly the same thing happened in two days and this time I got angry but the girl at the reception again advised me to go to the restaurant next street! This is most stupid thing which ever happened to me at any hotel(

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family