“Overpriced, unimpressive”

Ristorante Ciao Bella
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Ristorante Ciao Bella is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10,509 of 13,752 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Ludovisi / Via Veneto
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I fancied seafood and this restaurant was close to our hotel. The food was lukewarm it was not bad but we were left unimpressed. The mains come with nothing on the side each side dish charged separately and man, do they add up! A plate of mushrooms at €18 cost as much as my husband's steak and they were not nice! I would say for two mushroom lovers these were probably The worst bit of the meal. The service wasn't very friendly and the bill gave us a shock. Like I said the bits do add up!

2  Thank Keravill

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

My partner and I were walking past and were approached to eat at the restaurant. Having looked around for a while already, we decided the place looked decent enough. We sat outside in the annexe area, and we ordered a steak with fries and steak strips with mushrooms in a sauce with fries. We had a bottle of white wine between us (but were firstly brought the wrong wine-I guess forgivable as we’d had white with steak! Albeit we had both originally intended on having chicken...) No real problem there-forgivable enough.

The food was ok, although we’d noticed where they’d made somewhat of an effort with the American guests, we were left to it somewhat. Having walked around Rome all afternoon I was keen to wash my hands before eating and I was impressed to find them offering wipes/towels to all of our neighbouring tables. We however, weren’t given a look in. I’d also been impressed that all of the tables were given a digestif, what I’m guessing was limoncello. We were actually told we would get a complimentary digestif after our meals, but rather disappointingly, it never showed up. After something of a wait, with it still not arriving, we chose to ask for the bill and paid by card. The waiter made a point of stating that tips weren’t included (despite there being a service charge of €7 included in our €69 bill). Suffice it to say, we left no tip.

Overall, food was ok, but for the price (maybe higher than average although, understandable and somewhat expected in the centre of Rome). I would have expected a better service however, and would recommend looking at other available options before choosing ‘Ciao Bella’.

*visited approx 9pm on Tuesday 3rd April, paid €69, using Apple Pay.*

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Be very careful. They play games with the cover charge. They say there is a $10 euro cover charge but then they say it doesn’t include the tip after you had your dinner and then they ask for more money. Very disappointed I had to deal with this nonsense. Never again. I’ll stick with more highly rated restaurants going forward.

2  Thank MJ4171
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

WARNING: YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF!

This is my first ever Trip Advisor review. I felt it necessary to share. My husband and I came here for Easter dinner as it was nearby to our hotel. We got lured in with complimentary champagne - first mistake. Our antipasti, primi, and secondi were mediocre - second mistake. The service was not great, at all. We had to ask several times for water and for our check at the end - third mistake. Our meal was finished off with “complimentary” Limencello (which sucked).

Then, the bill arrived. I expected a “pane e coperto” charge of 2€. What I DID NOT EXPECT WAS THE 15€ SERVICE CHARGE! I have been all over Italy several times, and have never experienced this!! A complete rip off! Also, it’s disrespectful to tourists. The waiter then drew a line at the bottom of our check and said “tip for my guys?” I ignored him and handed him my credit card.

YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF GOING HERE!

2  Thank Jeanette C
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here since close to our hotel. The food was very overpriced and service was poor. When the waiter brought our check there was a service fee added which was fine, but the waiter then proceeded to say a 20% tip was normal. Before I could even acknowledge, he gave me the credit card slip with 20% already added. When I asked about the service fee added, he said that it was for the restaurant and then walked away. Very disappointed.

1  Thank Kyle B