“Great food, excellent service and lovely atmosphere”
Review of Ristorante Isidoro

Ristorante Isidoro
Reserve with
Ristorante Isidoro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,430 of 13,901 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Description: Sidoro is very famous for its "taste" of pasta, a tasting pasta dishes selected by the chef. So you can enjoy, in addition to classic early Romans as bucatini or spaghetti alla Carbonara Amatriciana, our classics of all time and our news accompanied by fine wines. 3 The daily arrivals of fresh fish, meat of first quality and excellent desserts made by our pastry chefs greatly enrich the proposal of our local.
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We were recommended this restaurant by one of the locals. He said you have to try the mixed pasta tasters and the Palma ham. We did and weren’t disappointed. It is an extremely busy traditional style restaurant with a lovely atmosphere, very pleasant staff and most importantly fantastic food. We have been 2 nights running.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

Like other reviewers, we were recommended this place by our hotel Receptionist and we couldn't thank her enough! We were amazed to find a restaurant with such a great and varied menu on "the doorstep" - so close to the Coliseum! The seafood was superb, amazing quality and so varied - we ate here 4 nights in a row. We found the staff to be lovely and very accommodating and the services was extremely good. Our Waiter (Marco) was very friendly, had a good knowledge of wine and very helpful in general. We also discovered that both he and my husband were big Prog Rock fans so had some common ground! I am very surprised at some of the other reviews - I would definitely return to this restaurant if we were back in Rome - we certainly enjoyed our visits - all 4 of them and we would happily recommend the restaurant to others!

Reviewed 29 September 2018

The worst restaurant experience that I have ever had.

First, Bad service. We waited more than 10 minutes for cutlery to eat after our starter served, many staff passing by us but no one notice until we have to call the staff.

Second, Missing order. We ordered four dishes staff only put three orders through, my mum was still waiting for her meal when we all finished up our meals.

Third, Overcharge. I like pre calculate my bill before I pay. We came to counter a middle-aged man pass the bill to me without eye contact. He overcharged us $29!! When I check with him, he quickly give me a new bill and obviously he knows I realised our bill is not right, and you know that he is cheating on our bill.
Please double check your BILL when you pay at counter, if you don’t pay attention you may get over charged from this restaurant.

I absolutely regret that I chose this restaurant to dine. Small portion, food not worth with the price. what a waste!!

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Friendly service, good food, moderate prices, quiet and cosy. But the best was doing "Spaghetti Tasting" where you could share different dishes and decide between 3, 4, or more dishes. Either "surprise" dishes or by order. That was fun!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

I was absolutely shocked to find how terrible their food was considering the large number of high ratings. We got the pasta tasting because the menu stated that it was the restaurant's specialty so what better place to do it than in Italy, right? The first and second course (simple cheese & pepper pasta and pomodoro) were both not great to begin with (mediocre at best). Then the pasta tastings quickly declined after that. The last 3 pasta tastings were so bad we just left it on our plates. The fast food I got from the train station was better than this. Even Chef Boyardee (canned "Italian" food) was better than this sad excuse for pasta. I hate writing a bad review but this restaurant will go down as THE WORST Italian food I've ever had. Don't waste your time, your palate or your money.