“EXCELLENT!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vatican / Borgo
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Fantastic Salt Crusted Brangino and the fish with the potatoes was sufficient for both of us as we'd had appetizers a couple hours prior. The wine was great as well and good prices too!

1  Thank LuTheRealtor

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Excellent restaurant with good selection of very fresh seafood. We stopped here for lunch on the recommendation of our Italian colleague and were very impressed. You can choose from the seafood displayed on ice as well as from a wide selection of menu items. The service was very friendly and attentive. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Rome.

1  Thank Jane K
Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

This is a small restaurant in the heart of Rome in Borgo.
Indeed, if you look for feeling at home and eating great fish it is the right place to be.
It is a family business, which makes things a bit messy, but at the end it is part of its charms
The thing I really dislike was noise... you basically eat with your neighbour and you cannot move due to the very limited space among tables... and in order to have a conversation with your friends you need to shout
For me this is really a minus...

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Lots of locals seem to come here, and I can see why. The food is really good. I had herring pasta, and Jurgen had pasta with mussels. We had a shrimp salad as an antipasto. The service was attentive.
The restaurant is very charming and busy. Beautifully decorated. You can also pick your fish from the specimens laid out on ice in the front, so it's very fresh.

1  Thank jurgencm2016
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

We live in Los Angeles. We arranged our European trip to include Rome just so we could eat here again. Two and a half years is far too long.
Da Benito e Gilberto a Falco
Federica’s sister Valentina is a wonderful waitress. Their other sister Nicole is chef.
We started with:
Carpaccio sea bass
Baby shrimp, sea bream salmon
Beans and seafood soup.
Four oysters
In order Marennes Oleron quite Briney France. David Herve France,
Perle Blanche very good slightly sweet France and Régal Seleziene Oro from Iran. This was also slightly sweet and neither of the last were too salty. The last two were my favorites.
Seafood pasta, their Signiture dish. Pasta, beans and seafood. Shrimp. Really was delicious.
Prawns in white wine sauce followed by small fish Triglia, fried. With some squid.
For desert I cannot make up my mind. White chocolate souffle or tiramisu which I had last time and was the best I ever had anywhere. Neither were available tonight. Maybe tomorrow.
We are getting the Sbriciolata with chantilly cream and dark chocolate. It was scrumptious.
The chocolate cake tasted like flourless and too dry for both of us.

What a meal!!!!!!

Helen had whole fish, Pezzonia very moist and tender but slightly firm and not slimy. The sliced roasted potatoes and tomatoes surrounded the sautéed fish.
The service is wonderful. Valentina was great. So was her male counter part. I am sorry that I don’t speak Italian. But they treated me like family anyway.
We are returning tomorrow night for dinner.
Their wine and food prices considering the quality are great.
We had Antinori a Bramito Della Sala Chardonnay. A little dry in a good way. It is from Umbria. Very reasonably priced E26.
I am looking forward to tomorrow night.