All reviews villa borghese via veneto great hotel spanish steps sound bar free smartphone modern hotel nice rooftop bar harry's bar huge balcony mini bar rain shower welcome drink executive room shower area recommend this hotel quiet area
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I went to The Tribune Hotel to celebrate my birthday. The staff were absolutely amazing and truly accommodating. In particular Mona Lisa and Keira. The hotel is exactly how it looks in the photos and in a great location. The amenities they offered were beyond what i was expecting. They even planned a surprise on my birthday for me which was really appreciated. I have never stayed in a hotel to which they truly made part of my stay. Would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Rome and definitely would stay here again. Beautiful hotel and staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kaneesha L
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I just returned from a mother daughter week in Rome. My daughter purchased flight/ hotel on Expedia . I was unhappy because the prices kept getting lower and we were stuck with higher prices. I don’t mind in retrospect because it all worked out. I had called the hotel to tell them of my upset and they did everything they could to make me happy. I so appreciate this and it made my trip in every way.
First the staff here is excellent. The front desk staff are also the concierge. They put up with my daughter cancelling and rescheduling and my requests. All with a smile and efficiency. Remarkable. Second, we were upgraded to a sixth floor room with a balcony. I have stayed in the 5 star hotels of Rome so I was nervous about staying in a boutique hotel. I chose the Tribune because it is fairly new, modern in design, located close to everything but far enough away to be quiet and less congested.
Our room was made up with two beds and a single bed couch. It was an executive room so it was a large room by Rome standards. It was extremely clean and the design was modern , pristine with a Fendi striped floor that was easy to clean. The shower was wonderful with rain shower and hand shower . I cannot step into a tub shower anymore so I was happy. There is a small table in the room and two night tables. You have to put toiletries on the shelf under the sink. It was fine but another table or desk would have been nice. Thank you to house keeping for keeping the room clean. There were slippers but no robe but anything you requested was brought ( more pillows, more towels).
The air condition was first rate. I brought a mini humidifier with me and we had many converters for phones etc, so I was comfortable.
The hotel is near the top of the Via Veneto across from the Borghese Gardens. You can walk everywhere but coming back up the hill can be steep and tiring. Being from New York we are used to walking and the quiet is well worth it. If you have any problem walking you may want to take cabs back .
Finally there is a refrigerator in your room which is stocked initially for free. If you want they will restock and charge or you can pick up your own food. The breakfast is good with cold meats, salad, yoghurt, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage , very good fruit , cereal and yoghurt. Omelets are extra. They are very nice about taking whatever you want with you or back to your room.
I would recommend this hotel for the excellent staff most of all and the cleanliness . I noticed there were many weekenders and families. Thank you for making our trip much better than expected.

Stayed: April 2018
4  Thank NC R
Reviewed 28 March 2018

The hotel is well placed to access the sights, albeit with short walks of 20-30mins.
The hotel appears fairly new as everything appears in good order. The room we had overlooked the front of the hotel, not a pretty view, but this is a city break so we weren't expecting too much. The room was big enough for my husband and I and our teenage son. I cannot fault the accommodation, if I had to make one objective observation it would be that there needed to be drawers in the room for clothes. There is plenty of hanging space but no where for clothes that didn't need to be hung up. The one drawer at the bottom of the wardrobe was not enough room for three of us. It may be enough for a couple for a weekend.

The staff at the hotel are brilliant, very customer focused. The breakfast was more than adequate, plenty of choice.

There are plenty of places to eat within a short distance and something to suit all budgets. Some of the restaurants are expensive but to be quite blunt the quality of the food was not proportional to the excessive price. Care does need to taken as in one restaurant nearby the recommendations made by the front of house were the most expensive of everything. Do not buy the wine from the local shops in the area as they charge premium rates at least double. There are shops in the centre (coops) that have excellent wine at very reasonable prices.

When eating out you will be charged for the bread whether you eat it or not. It is a cover charge, we queried it only once, we were told it was a service charge. From then on we took the bread charge off the tip. Some places serve very stale bread so beware.

We really liked the hotel, and we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Front of the hotel is an old wall with a main road beyond it. This may sound unpleasant but this is a really good hotel.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Dot G
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We were 1st greeted by Alesso. He eas very helpful. The hotel facilities is good. Breakfast was adequate n tasty. Lots of restorante in vicinity. Location is close enough within walking distance to Spanish steps albeit downhill when to and uphill when fro.
If 1 thing I can complaint is the shower head too near to wall. Bit difficult to move without hitting the in-shower rack.
All in all it was a good choice of a hotel n deserves 5 star.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Egeen
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Great hotel, very helpful and polite, rooms are very nice. Organised and left a lovely cake for my bday weekend! 10-20 minute walk from key locations, restaurants nearby are nice and there is plenty to find/do!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple