Hotel Opera Roma
  • Pool
Condotti Hotel(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 373
US$ 336
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$ 106
US$ 2,360
US$ 636
US$ 480
  • Breakfast included
All reviewshotel sonyavia nazionalefree laptoptrain stationbreakfast roomquiet streetyogurtsister hotelsmall hotelwithin walking distancetrevi fountainboiled eggsmini barconvenient locationexcellent hoteltea and coffeedecent size
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We have just arrived back home in spain and I couldnt wait to write the review...We stayed 3 nights at this hotel,it is our 6th visit to rome,and we have stayed in two 4star hotels that wasnt as good as this one,the staff were exceptional you would think it was there business the way nothing is to much for them...a credit to the owners. The breakfast is very good,large choice....we had room 207,above average size,very warm and cosy,with lots of hot water and a whirlpool bath.....I had a sneak preview of the suite room and did it have that wow factor...A must for the next visit..Hotel is well located for all the sites......would highly recommend.....

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank baronessbrown
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I was moved here down the street when Hotel Sonya did not have a properly heated room for me! (I believe they share management). I can state that the staff at both properties are sweet, charming and helpful -- must thank Angela at Hotel Opera Roma for her many kindnesses and the unsolicited capuccino. What a darling she is! Front desk peeps also molto gentile. While neither a 4-star nor 5-star place, this hotel does have certain small touches I like -- kettle in the room with tea/coffee selection, free internet for guests in reception, and a lift. The room was not large, but clean and bed was fine. Unfortunately, they use hangers that come out of little hooks in the ceiling, to prevent theft -- they are placed rather high up and in trying to get one down, it fell and banged me square in the nose. The lift is old but works when you close the door. Location is good for shopping, touring and eating, it only takes a day or 2 to become oriented to Centro Storico......and I must say, the rates this month were phenomenal... all in all, a good deal. Grazie.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2012

My partner and I stayed here for 4 nights after a month long holiday around Europe and could not have asked for a better hotel. We arrived at Termini station late one night and decided to walk to the Hotel - it wasn't too far, however it is quite dark and scary around the station at night (a note for solo travelers), however we stuck to the main streets and found the hotel with reasonable ease.

The gentleman that works at night is absolutely lovely!!! He was so warm and friendly on our arrival, helped us to our room and after staying in a number of B&B's and hostal type accommodation we were so pleased when he opened the door to a large beautiful room and large bathroom (we booked a double room with private bathroom). Air-conditioned, beautiful marble floors and well the bathroom was great - after travelling for a month we were both hoping for a room that was not too small and we were not disappointed. I had requested a room with a balcony overlooking the street and it was quite lovely.

The hotel is in a good location - we walked most places and loved getting lost in the streets of Rome and finding beautiful places to eat. It was so nice to come back to the hotel at the end of the day, freshen up and then head out for dinner somewhere. I would recommend trying Hostaria Romana - an absolutely awesome restaurant - must try the carbonara and the buffalo mozzarella (I still dream about these dishes often!!). We went their twice because we loved it so much - we walked there from the hotel (as with most places in Rome)!!! Google it to find the specific location!

A few things to note: if you are accustomed to large hotels, this might not be exactly what you are used to, it is a number of rooms on levels of a beautiful building that comprise of Hotel Opera (not one large building that is solely a hotel), the air-con is a must when travelling to Rome in summer, there is free wireless, TV with cable (not many english channels), breakfast in the morning (unfortunately you will need to rely on other reviews on this point, we slept in and missed it most mornings!).

Also - we took advantage of the airport transfer for 40 Euro when leaving Hotel Opera - it was great (albeit a bit scary driving in Rome!!!) - we were picked up by a gentleman (he looked like Karl Lagerfield!) in a lovely black Lexus 4WD and off we were to the airport. In retrospect, I wished we had have used this when we arrived at Fiumicino, as we arrived late in the evening and the trains from the airport to Termini are not that regular and it was busy and really for 40 Euro at that time of night being picked up and driven to your hotel door is well worth it. This is offered as a service through Hotel Opera.

We loved Rome and this hotel - we look forward to returning to both in the near future!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My family and I (5 adults) spent a wonderful trip in Rome in December 2011 and our stay at the Hotel Opera Roma was a wonderful experience and I strongly recommend the hotel. This is not an institutional hotel, not lavish but comfortable, inviting, and very convenient to any where you want to go in Rome. The rooms were small but comfortable, clean and especially of note is the great service and professional of the hotel staff, in particular the Front Desk. There is WiFi accessible in all the guest room and the lobby (where there also are two computer with printer access), in-room safe, confirmable beds, a mini-bar, cable TV, AC, and a speaking clean bathrooms in the guest rooms. There also is a small elevator. The people at the Front Desk are committed to making your stay pleasant and memorable. They are concerned, professional, responsive and communicative. Prior to arriving I had emailed them often and got immediate and helpful\ responses. You also can arrange airport pick-ups through them (with a company they use) and you pay the driver directly. Again, very reliable.
The hotel is directly across the street from the Opera House in an area with numerous small restaurants and cafes. A block down is Via Nazionale, a major street with adorable shopping and eateries, and two short blocks from the hotel is the Republicca Metro Station and from there you can reach anywhere in Rome. For those who like walks, you can walk to the Trevi Fountain and the Victor Emmanuele Monument. And regarding the bill, I chose to pay in Euros and received a 5% discount. Overall, the Hotel Opera Roma is a gem of a small hotel and one that I would definitely return to.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Via Firenze.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Stayed for 3 nights and thought it was a nice hotel. The free internet is very convenient and appreciated. The reception staff are friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo