All reviews nice stay in rome pastries small hotel great location via cavour few minutes walk luggage colosseum noise bus
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in Hotel Foro Romano Imperatori back in June. Lovely hotel and very friendly staff, rooms very clean and bed comfortable which was great. Breakfast good, great location not far from the metro and right beside the Colosseum.Easy access to all the other tourist spots. Would definitely stay their again have to say I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We made the reservation being told this was clearly the hotel in the photos but when we arrived they put us in a building across the street that was so dirty my son became ill. The photos on the Web have nothing to do with the property. There was a very very strong sewer smell emanating from the bathroom and filing the entire room. The bathroom and shower were covered in mildew and accumulated dust and dirt. We were afraid to shower. The shutters would not stop banging all night long and we couldn't get any sleep. The owners are extremely dishonest. The first day, when we complained about the room, they immediately charged or full length of stay for fear we would leave so we were basically stuck! Clearly being in Rome they feel they can cheat customers and always have enough tourist come by. But I would recommend staying anywhere but here!

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Silvia F
lily r, Direttore at Hotel Foro Romano Imperatori, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2018

Dear
you wrote that you didn't stay at HOTEL FORO ROMANO IMPERATORI but in another hotel cross the road
Your booking made thought EXPEDIA .com was PREPAID/NOT REFUNDABLE RATE so you paid to Expedia at the moment of reservation and never pay to the Hotel and your stay was only for 1 nights (not for a long length)
You mystify the reality and you couldn't complain about us...
director

Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is not a hotel...Looks like residential building that has not hotel lobby or entrance to the street. I sense that the reviews are either paid for or fake. We booked and came in at 8:30pm. There was no one around. All doors were locked and the phone number that was called nobody answered. We very displeased with the service and condition and had to go book another room within the same evening.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Nowdays mystify reality is the "new job;" people amuse theirself to write imaginary situations
Lazy people don't like to read about the hotel policy
Hotel reception time is from 7:00am to 23:00 but if you don't provide a phone number and don't advise the receptionist we are authorised to close the check in at 23:,00 So you arrived to the Hotel I presume later than midnight ....

Reviewed 18 May 2017

this small hotel is lacated a few blocks from the coliseum, so with a short walk you are in the center of the city.
When I let know Roberto that I was traveling with my 84 years old mother he specially give us a great room in the first floor and carry her carry on lugage upstairs Thank You
The beds are confortable and the breakfast delicious

Room tip: contact the manager before you go if you have an special request
Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I booked Foro Romano for a birthday weekend trip with my wife and four-year-old kid.

The hotel offered us an airport transfer, so I sent them my flight number and requested a taxi with a child seat. They confirmed that the taxi with a child seat will be waiting.

When we arrived around midnight, the driver met us, took us all the way across the airport to the parking lot, and only then announced that he actually didn't bring the child seat, but we can just go without it. That is illegal in Italy, and that would be putting my child's life at risk.

When I contacted the hotel, they told me "Your cheap flight arrived with a delay" (I suppose the child seat therefore turned into a pumpkin), so basically now it's my problem that the public transit is closed for the night, and I don't have a booster seat with me, having trusted the hotel's promise.

In the end we had to walk to the nearest hotel at 1am (with the kid, the bags and all), and pay 300€ for one night there.

After that Foro Romano charged me for the full two nights (I never set foot in the place, obviously).

Date of stay: December 2016