We stayed here on a recommendation by a friend and I didn't read the awful reviews before paying full upfront to get the best rate. After buying our room I saw some reviews and was apprehensive. However, we're here now and it's fine, actually pretty good.
The price is good for what is included. Our room is clean with basic amenities. There are high quality, noise insulated, windows that open. The outside wooden shutters also open, allowing in lots of light and fresh air. The AC is extremely quiet, in fact much better than those in many US hotels. The drapes raise and lower electrically by pressing a switch and they make the room very dark. It was quiet and we slept well.
When we arrived there was a slight smell of antiseptic left by the maid, but that cleared out after the windows were left open for a while. The bathroom is small, but functional, with a glass enclosed shower, sink, toilet and a bidet. The beds aren't bad. They are firm, if a little lumpy, but again, we slept well.
Our room is on the 4th floor and it's a walk-up, which could possibly be a problem for someone with leg issues. Internet works without encryption, that is no login, but for my purposes the lack of security is not a problem, and it increases the range.
The service people are all very nice and helpful. Not being a large hotel it makes sense there is no 24 hour receptionist. The hotel requested that we inform them of our arrival time, which we did, so someone was there to check us in. Lucia arranged for a taxi to bring us from the airport. It was 5£ more than normal but the driver came into the baggage claim to get us with our name on a sign. After a long flight it was certainly worth 5£.
Breakfast includes basics: pastries, fresh fruit, cereal, juice and, my favorite, excellent Cappuccino.
Know what to expect and you'll find its a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel, close to the Fori Imperiali, from whose windows are possible to see the tower of the Campidoglio Straight, is in perfect style Ancient Imperial Roma and it is destined to the most demanding clients that can give up nothing, even in the most fascinating city of the world: ROMA. Conditioned air, phone, internet access, plasma SAT TV, safety box, hairdryer, minibar, restaurant. The structure is very close to the metro stations Cavour and Colosseo and about 1 km from Termini station and easily accessible by all means. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Foro Romano Imperatori reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Foro Romano Imperatori Hotel Rome
- Foro Romano Imperatori Rome