“Anniversary”

Hotel Foro Romano Imperatori
Ranked #984 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed in Hotel Foro Romano Imperatori back in June. Lovely hotel and very friendly staff, rooms very clean and bed comfortable which was great. Breakfast good, great location not far from the metro and right beside the Colosseum.Easy access to all the other tourist spots. Would definitely stay their again have to say I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We made the reservation being told this was clearly the hotel in the photos but when we arrived they put us in a building across the street that was so dirty my son became ill. The photos on the Web have nothing to do with the property. There was a very very strong sewer smell emanating from the bathroom and filing the entire room. The bathroom and shower were covered in mildew and accumulated dust and dirt. We were afraid to shower. The shutters would not stop banging all night long and we couldn't get any sleep. The owners are extremely dishonest. The first day, when we complained about the room, they immediately charged or full length of stay for fear we would leave so we were basically stuck! Clearly being in Rome they feel they can cheat customers and always have enough tourist come by. But I would recommend staying anywhere but here!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This is not a hotel...Looks like residential building that has not hotel lobby or entrance to the street. I sense that the reviews are either paid for or fake. We booked and came in at 8:30pm. There was no one around. All doors were locked and the phone number that was called nobody answered. We very displeased with the service and condition and had to go book another room within the same evening.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017

this small hotel is lacated a few blocks from the coliseum, so with a short walk you are in the center of the city.
When I let know Roberto that I was traveling with my 84 years old mother he specially give us a great room in the first floor and carry her carry on lugage upstairs Thank You
The beds are confortable and the breakfast delicious

Room Tip: contact the manager before you go if you have an special request
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I booked Foro Romano for a birthday weekend trip with my wife and four-year-old kid.

The hotel offered us an airport transfer, so I sent them my flight number and requested a taxi with a child seat. They confirmed that the taxi with a child seat will be waiting.

When we arrived around midnight, the driver met us, took us all the way across the airport to the parking lot, and only then announced that he actually didn't bring the child seat, but we can just go without it. That is illegal in Italy, and that would be putting my child's life at risk.

When I contacted the hotel, they told me "Your cheap flight arrived with a delay" (I suppose the child seat therefore turned into a pumpkin), so basically now it's my problem that the public transit is closed for the night, and I don't have a booster seat with me, having trusted the hotel's promise.

In the end we had to walk to the nearest hotel at 1am (with the kid, the bags and all), and pay 300€ for one night there.

After that Foro Romano charged me for the full two nights (I never set foot in the place, obviously).

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family