All reviewssmall hotelpastriesgreat locationcolosseumnoiseairport
Reviewed 7 December 2016

I booked Foro Romano for a birthday weekend trip with my wife and four-year-old kid.

The hotel offered us an airport transfer, so I sent them my flight number and requested a taxi with a child seat. They confirmed that the taxi with a child seat will be waiting.

When we arrived around midnight, the driver met us, took us all the way across the airport to the parking lot, and only then announced that he actually didn't bring the child seat, but we can just go without it. That is illegal in Italy, and that would be putting my child's life at risk.

When I contacted the hotel, they told me "Your cheap flight arrived with a delay" (I suppose the child seat therefore turned into a pumpkin), so basically now it's my problem that the public transit is closed for the night, and I don't have a booster seat with me, having trusted the hotel's promise.

In the end we had to walk to the nearest hotel at 1am (with the kid, the bags and all), and pay 300€ for one night there.

After that Foro Romano charged me for the full two nights (I never set foot in the place, obviously).

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 December 2016

The best Hotel in the center of Rome. Wonderful room, great breakfast, incredible location. I come back soon. viva italia, foro romano coloseum cafè italiani. Greetings to Miss Lucia e Roberto. Ciaooo

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ravi b
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Wow, well to start the elevator does not work apparently, which is great when you have heavy suitcases and are staying in the upper floors. Also, no wifi. We were told that our room is far from the router...of course after being told that they had wifi. The room is TINY, which I can handle except it seemed that no one that was staying there had any regard for other guests and spent all night slamming doors and hackling loudly in the halls. Shower was tiny as well, don't drop the soap!!! Ill fitted toilet seat too, it was lose and obviously not meant for that toilet. The only good thing about the hotel was the location. That's it...

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 February 2016

The hotel is rather small, but the rooms are quite large - larger than any other European similar budget hotel we've stayed at. The location is quite amazing, and after you walk the city a bit or manage your way through the public transportation you really start to appreciate the location.
But the really best thing at the hotel is the service. Roberto and the other lady from the desk (sadly enough I didn't get her name) went out of their ways to see that we are ALWAYS satisfied, happy and are enjoying our trip at Rome.
The breakfast is basic but more than enough, even for the more spoiled guests.
The room is very clean and welcoming, the bathrooms are very well equipped and everything is renewed daily.
The staff had no problem to keep our luggage at the day of check out after check out.
In general - defiantly our first choice for the next time at Rome.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the rooms at the 3rd or 4th floor. The rooms at the floor of the dining room seem a bit less comfortable.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roey F
Reviewed 25 October 2015 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights and were thrilled with the location. Before we arrived, Roberto called us to make sure we knew our way to the hotel and greeted us on arrival which was late. Our room was lovely and spacious with a nice en suite. It was right next to the breakfast room so in the morning we could hear voices but we didn't really mind as we got up early to explore each day.
Breakfast was fine-pastries, cereals, cheese, yoghurts, fruit. Plenty of everything.
Wifi was perfect-no problems at all.
The location is absolutely fantastic-so close to the colosseum. Very near the metro station and very close to some fantastic restaurants as well. Roberto and all the staff were so nice to us. They even held on to our bags on our last day as we had a late flight. I can't say enough nice things about them and the hotel. Thank you for our lovely stay. We will be back!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple