All reviewssmall hotelpastriesgreat locationcolosseumnoiseairport
Reviewed 2 July 2015

The hotel is perfectly located just a few minutes walk from the coliseum. It is simple, no restaurant, no lift, small rooms (at least the one we had) but the staff is very friendly and very helpful.
The room had an air conditioner but no control unit for it. When plugged in it was very effective but very noisy. During our stay it was very hot so we had a choice between unbearable heat or unbearable noise. We chose to sleep with open windows and since the hotel is in the centre there is lots of noise.
I recommend ear plugs to anyone staying there.
But special thanks to Roberto in the reception for advice and always offering coffee, and also Elena for the helpful advice on getting the bus to the airport.

Room Tip: Avoid room #5 (Tiberio) due to is small size. Also, earplugs!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2014

Contact with the hotel from time of enquiry to turning up at the door was good, reception staff even called me to make sure I was on time for arrival (probably wanted to finish work for the evening rather than making sure I was okay).
On arrival he then helped us with bags which was just as well as this hotel is in a block of other businesses and the rooms are on the 4th floor. There is a lift but it appears it is for decoration rather than being of any use.

Friendly welcome once in, offered coffee etc. Amazed at other comments from visitor blaming the hotel staff for not being able to speak English, heads up folks, YOU ARE IN ITALY! When in Rome and all that, if you cannot speak Italian then don't put them down for not speaking English. We had no issues, one member spoke fine to us in English and the woman spoke Italian but we managed to get over what we wanted and was fine that we left our bags at the hotel on the departure day while we visited attractions and picked them up later.

Room, hmmmm, we were in the one at the very end of the corridor and as other mention there is a noise issue. Traffic and people, restaurant just outside in the square behind the hotel and cars/scooters at all hours. There is also the gas water heater that is in the bathroom that gets fired up when someone wants hot water. This seems to be linked to at least 1 other room as well as fired up when we were not using hot water.
Room was comfortable enough, just noisy.

Breakfast for me was a bit light. I travel quite a lot in Italy and normally there are more cold meats and cheeses but here there was a few cheap cheese options but no meats, quite a good choice of pastries and fruit juices though.

The best thing about this hotel is location. When I booked, I saw all the positive and negative comments and decided that although it was not a 5 star, it was clean and had no significant issues I could not live with. Walk out the front door and you already have the choice or restaurants, within 5 minutes walk either direction you must have the choice of a dozen easily. Colosseum is a 10 minute stroll away, the opposite direction takes you towards the Vittoria and all the other attractions further along. Location is the strongest point of this hotel, if you can put up with some noise or you are a heavy sleeper then it should be high on your list but it's not perfect by a long way.

Second best thing was the staff, tons of advice on where to go, places to eat etc and more than happy to pass on information and advice to make the most of our time in Rome as well as being friendly. Good job.

Room Tip: I don't think it matter what room you get, you will have flights of steps to go up and there will be noise to some degree. Almost everyone notes it, don't arrive at the hotel and then complain about it.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuartstead
Reviewed 23 October 2014

This was a quaint little establishment on the 3rd floor I think. There wasn't a lift for the people staying at hotel but the staff hauled the luggage and were very gracious. Breakfast was good and typical. They also offered coffee anytime of day and fruit, juice and other drinks during the day. The location is an easy walk, (maybe 3 blocks total) from the Coliseum and Palintine Hill. Good restaurants very close by. Laundrymat close as is the subway and bus stops. Price was a bit highter than we paid other places but it was Roma after all! Bathroom in the room was very nice with a nice size shower!!! Quiet, good a/c. Internet didn't work too good in the room but was great in the office area a floor down.

Room Tip: Our room looked out onto the "alley" area, the street off the main street and it was very quiet. Heard other parties say their rooms looked out on main road and was noisy. Our room was at the very end of the hall of rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vickie W
Reviewed 14 October 2014

Great location, wonderful staff, all friendly, everything perfect. the best holiday of my life! I will return next year with my wife. I greet with joy Paola, Roberto and the director. They gave me a lot of advice

Room Tip: We slept in the room "julius caesar " and it was beautiful.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Johannes R
Reviewed 18 September 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The location was very close to the Forum, Coliseum, restaurants, etc. When we arrived, the taxi took us to the hotel across the street. The front door of the hotel is not obvious, with a small sign, and was locked. I was about to call, when someone came out so we could get in. The hotel is part of a building that has apartments in it. The elevator is for the apartment residents only. The hotel desk is a couple floors up, no one was there when we arrived. Our room was on the 4th floor - lots of stairs. Room and bathroom were small, but met our needs. WiFi worked. The staff was small and spoke limited English, but the people we met were very nice and helpful. We felt that this hotel added to our Roman experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple