All reviews private beach reception staff nice hotel sea surprises veranda steps
Reviewed 29 May 2016

The quality of rooms, as well as location of the place, were satisfactioning. The service however, regarding reception desk and restaurant, was nonsufficient. Especially restaurant disapointed me, where the time to wait for a meal was distubingly long. In case of fixed menu and time of the meal (which was always late in the end) it was quite a pity.
The claim about the swimming pool is simply misleading - it's just a permission of swimming pool next to the hotel to enter free on certain hours, where these certain hours are a huge misunderstanding - 21:30 - 22:30, really?
All in all it is a good hotel for a price of a marvelous one.

Room tip: Please try to look for a room with window aimed at the street - the other ones are too noisy to spend time comfortable.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2016

Hotel Serapo is a big beachside hotel in Gaeta. My sister who lives in Rome had booked 2 double seaview rooms online, she had already stayed once before and had found it reasonable. When we got to our rooms my sister had 2 single beds and the key to our room did not work so after much discussion they made the single beds into a double and tryed a number of keys until they found the right one.
Our seaview was ok, what you would call a sideways seaview only from the balcony!
Breakfast was included and was pretty good and the part of the hotel where you sit for breakfast was really nice.
They also let us store our bags which was very helpful to us. The room was very clean and the bathroom was very nice.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

Don't let the recent pseudo-renovations fool you. Serapo Hotel is the incarnation of a communist era USSR hotel. You will still have to carry around a clunky key holder and might freeze or boil in your room. Safety: zero. The emergency door was left wide open 24/7 for the duration of our stay. This means anyone can walk from the back of the hotel right to your room. Please see attached photo. And to begin the day: fruit juice made with dry powder and fruit jam that is so hard it sticks to the dispenser.

Let me focus on the main issue we faced during my stay: during the first night at the hotel the heating was not on in my room. At 8AM the following day I asked to be moved to another room. My request was denied as the clerk promised that the heating would be fixed. At 5PM the heating was still malfunctioning, so I approached the management, who said they did not know anything about it. Again I asked to be moved to another room and again my request was denied. Management promised to resolve the issue within minutes. Needless to say by 10PM still no heating.

Hopeless, miserable institution for the masochistic inclined tourist.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

Great location, excellent room, friendly staff but restaurant so disappointing! Yet again fellow diners, cold food served on cold plates. No stars here, staff were quick to respond though despite this irate Englishman. I'll reserve further comment until I've had breakfast.

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

This hotel has been here for many years and has expanded. I recommend the newest section with sea views. It is on the beach and walking distance into both the center of town and the centro historico. Don't expect elegance but the superior rooms were a good size with a queen and a single. Very clean and spare. There was a small balcony. Breakfast was adequate. Wifi only in the lobby.

Date of stay: October 2015