“Outstanding”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We arrived, frankly quite dusty and dirty from a long day in the Pompeii and Herculaneum ruins, and were greeted very warmly indeed. As you are led through the trattoria by the friendly old chap at the front you realise it is actually quite large. If you venture downstairs you might realise the place is huge!

Nonetheless it never feels large when eating there. Ours was a fine night, so we were seated outside in the 'garden'.

We were famished, and ultimately ordered antipasti for two, two plates of secondi with a salad, and then a plate of pasta. After that, two deserts. All the while, we did our best to get through two bottles of the house red, which was quite good. Shots of the house-made limoncello and another variant which tasted like aniseed (but we were assured it was not). Needless to say, we had a very good night. Inexplicably, the bill for all of this amounted to only 60 euro.

Toward the end of the night we had a great chat with Roberto. He showed us a photo of him with Steve Buscemi who had eaten there recently.

After leaving our tip, Roberto insisted on a waiter driving us home with saddling us with another two bottles of their house red.

A night I'll never forget. Absolutely recommended.

1  Thank CJAYT
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Add'u Mimi

Reviewed 15 June 2012

This little restaurant is a gem. We scheduled a day touring the ruins of Herculaneum and Pompeii and our nice, long, leisurely lunch at Add'u Mimi was the perfect way to re-energize for a lot of walking and a long, great day! From the minute we arrived our waiter assured that we had everything we needed and more. We were completely and utterly satisfied with every aspect and as always, the high level of service was the most important factor in making Add'u Mimi such a memorable place. Grazie, grazie, grazie mille!

1  Thank Chrisbrad22
Reviewed 5 June 2012

When you go to a restaurant in a foreign country, a good waiter is your navigator in a menu which seems like Chinese. The service in this place is unique, with closed eyes you can follow the suggestions and enjoy the delights of the kitchen. Take as many first courses as possible, to enjoy the variety. It's a restaurant which makes you feel safe, and won't be heavy on your purse.

2  Thank KorenJerusalem
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We found this gem of a restaurant through tripadvisor.com. Except for their days off we went their every evening. The place really turned our vacation in Southern Italy into a very pleasurable experience. The restaurant offers regular but also uncommon italian dishes (no pizza) and everything is very tasty. After our third visit we let Roberto arrange our menue for the night and this was truly wonderful. Unfortunately, we enjoyed eating there only six times in total. Anybody who visits Pompeji should try this place.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I discovered this trattoria by chance indeed! While walking along the Via Roma to search for a good trattoria to have late lunch. At that time, it's about 3pm on May 15, 2012. I was walking passby several restaurants. Then, I was stopped by an old man (I will tell you at the end of my review who this old man is) who was sitting on a chair in front of a trattoria. He greeted me with a warm welcome gesture and asked me to browse thru the menu on the menu stand in front of his trattoria. He said... see the price, they're not expensive. He didn't speak much English, mostly Italian. So, that's all I could guess. Then, I nodded my head to signal that I was okay to eat here. Then, he led me into his trattoria. My first thought was that....what...what.... why there was nobody sitting at any table. There was no one in the room at all. So, I was a bit surprised and scared. And thought to myself that...oh...maybe this old man would play a trick with me or what?

However, I just followed him to thru the backdoor of the first room. Then, he led me to the second room which made me feel more relieved and relaxed because there were some people eating at some tables. Then, I was sat at the table by a young man. He welcomed me very warmly. For my lunch, I ordered a dish of spaghetti with clams and a dish of mix salad. The dishes were superb and tasty! And the price was not expensive at all. So, I told the man whose name that I found out later was Roberto that I would come back again for dinner. Then, I did! For dinner, I ordered a soup, mixed pasta with mussles and grilled swordfish and followed by some cheese cake. They're very delicious and Roberto also brought me some other food for me to try.They're a variety of food so I couldn't remember them all. But all are the same in that--they're tasty and yummy! Roberto asked me who recommend this restaurant to me. I said, no. No one. I told Roberto that I just found your restaurant by chance and by luck. I was very lucky indeed.

Although I was a solo traveler, Roberto welcomed me very warmly and took care of me very well. So, no matter you come in big groups, as a couple or solo, you'll always be welcome by Roberto and this restaurant, unlike some restaurants in Pompei that I saw they put up the sign, solo travelers are not welcome.

So, I kept coming back again and again to eat at Roberto's restaurant for 3 days stay in Pompei. All these days, I tried many dishes like Scialatielli or fresh pasta, fresh grilled seabass, pasta e fagiouconcozze (I might spell it wrongly), but it's pasta with mussles, ricotta e pere or homemade cake, cheese cake and chocolate cake, etc. I was really impressed with the food quality and taste and above all, very very reasonable price.

I don't know what else to say to describe how much I enjoyed and liked Add'u Mimi restaurant in all aspects; i.e. food quality and taste, service, value, atmosphere, etc. If I ever come back to visit Pompei again, I will definitely eat at Add'u Mimi again. In my opinion, Add'u Mimi means Pompei.

PS: The old man who led me to his inner section of the restarant is Roberto's father. This is the answer key. :-)