“not my favourite”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2012

my daughter enjoyed her pasta with tomatoes but I was disappointed with my linguine which came in hard clumps as if it had stuck to the pan, and in a sauce which was disappointingly tasteless. Also disconcerting practice of serving one person at one table and one at another, so that their companion sat waiting and they either had to start without them or let their meal go cold

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I only rate this restaurant two stars because the food was decent.

We ate here because it was the only restaurant open when we were looking for dinner late around 10:30pm. First of all, they sat us at a table that was dirty - I thought about asking to move, but when I looked at all the other tables I saw that they were dirty too. It made me wonder if they ever wash their tablecloths (interesting because they charge a 2euro cover charge which includes paying for tablecloths).

Secondly, they did charge a cover charge - this is quite common in Italy. But this was the only restaurant I went to that did not tell you upfront (on the menu) that they would do this. We also requested bread - and they brought us sliced loaf bread (about 3 pieces) and then charged us for those 3 tiny pieces of bread as well.

The food arrived and it was pretty good. But the waiters were not helpful and they made me uncomfortable. I can speak a little Italian and I could gather from what I understood and the fact that they were rudely pointing at us, that they were speaking negatively about us right in front of our faces.

Finally, after 20 minutes, they tried to rush us out. They pointedly cleared all the tables, locked the doors, and PUT ON THEIR JACKETS so they could leave. If they wanted to close within 30 minutes, they shouldn't have sat us. We asked if they were open and they seemed happy to welcome us in.

I loved almost everywhere that we went, but this restaurant made me uncomfortable and unhappy thanks to the extremely rude staff.

1  Thank Emily V
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We went here on our first night in Pompei. The waiter was charming and courteous, he was the best thing about the restaurant. Spouse and I both had pasta dishes, we have different tastes, when the dishes arrived we ate a little then swapped, we ate a little more and left a great deal.

Reviewed 25 May 2011

We ate here as a party of 10 twice in one week, after checking out the El Presidente fairly nearby (looked expensive!). We had great fun both evenings - the service was very effective and amusing, and first night there were various extras added for us - including some delicious starter tasters, a lovely little artichoke each, and limoncello all round at the end. Second night somewhat less, but two limoncello each at the end! The food was fine - nothing spectacular but a wide choice and enjoyable dishes. House wine was perfectly acceptable. Very good value overall - as I recall, worked out about £16 a head including wine and well deserved tip. They have a menu touristico at 15euro if you want to keep things simple. This is not a fancy restaurant, but its a great place for parties to eat and you will be very well looked after.

Reviewed 16 January 2011

The waiter was surly and very unhelpful. There were four mature well travelled adults in the party from the UK and Australia. Each had a different meal. We all agreed it was one of the worst meals we had ever had and simply wanted to pay the bill and leave. We then found the bill had been overcharged. There was hardly anyone in the resturant at the time, so the mistake could not be blamed on being busy. Taking the waiter's attitude into account, we were of the opinion it was probaby deiberate. He acted as if he had better things to do than serve and help customers.