“Who knew ?”
Review of Dei Decumani B&B

Dei Decumani B&B
Ranked #440 of 761 Naples B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Couldn't find the place at first. Despite the obvious signs on the sidewalk. No plaque on the actual door... Neighbors directed me. The lady in charge is super friendly. Never mind that she doesn't speak english. She called me a cab for my early morning departure and came to my door to make sure I was awake... at 5 AM !!! Wow !

Sure, it's noisy. But hey, a stone throw away from all the good stuff...

Skip the breakfast if you can. Plenty of cafes down the street to fill up on sugar and cafeine.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vinlays
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 October 2008

My husband booked this hotel on Expedia and the photos looked great as did the description! nonetheless, surely the photos were taken when the B&B opened and time has passed and the place isabsolutely dreadful! Based on the 2nd foor of an old 'palace' as described in the brochure - which it hardly was. We were dropped off by a taxi man who wondered what the hech we were doing here...at first contact we were greated by a very jolly italian machanic that fixed scooters in the courtyard of the building. He instructed that the hotel is on the second floor, while we entered suspiciously an slightly horrified at the state of the building and the area itself we noticd a very 'lovely' and interestingly closed Tattoo parlour on the 1st floor...this can only mean trouble! Once we finally made it to the foor of the b&b, the Italian woman hostes spoke no english but could understand it I suppose. She showed us to our room, a discusting old windowless room with dirty walls and brocken breakfast plates!!! I could not believe this! how can management of this B&B invite guests in these standards, I mean come on - pain the place and buy new plates for goodness sakes from Ikea! I told her I refused to sleep in the room and asked the hostes to change it or we will not stay there...she politely was not supprised my my reaction and gave us the 'best' room in the B&B which was marginally better, but had a wonderful broken showerhead in the bathroom and a curtain that was just too short for the shower and the water kept spilling when we bathed! lovely. I suggest if you are looking at this hotel - DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME even if you are on a budget. Stay only in the St. Lucia disctict of he city as Naples is very dodgy and this area is old. The breakfast is pathetic which includes a manufactured croisant in packaginf and a slice of cake. There are tea facilities but suprisingly no cups to drink out of so we used the bowls! lovely! Good Luck!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DominikaP
Reviewed 13 April 2007

i've been here at well.
it's situated in the ancient centre of Naples, best position to visit city at well.to visit churches,monuments

Good breakfast and lovely staff make the rest.,so nice for a job trip too.
Nice place for every1, i suggest Dei Decumani also for a family trip

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 24 March 2007

Unlike the other reviewers I quite liked this hotel. Maybe we were lucky with the room, as we had one at the front of the building, with a small balcony where you could watch hectic Napoli at its horn-blowing best. Ignore the fact that the entrance is a little scruffy - and the rooms are above a tattooist!

The room was sparten, and despite the high ceilings typical of 18th century buildings of that type, was furnished top to toe in Ikea. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was also spotless, although the shower curtain could have fitted a little better - it was difficult to avoid flooding the floor when showering.

The breakfast was odd - dire really. Just a pre-packed croissant and a piece of dry cake on a plate with a bowl of warmish milk. Such a shame that the proprietors didn't do as we did and pop out to the tea shop/bakery just a few doors down and buy pastries and doughnuts every morning. However the lady that brought the breakfast to the room was very friendly, and once I dug out the phrase book was happy to help out with taxi bookings etc.

The real reason I would recommend this hotel is quite simple - the location, not only because you could see the sea (just) from the balcony. It was 10m from Via Tribunali and about a minute from Spaccanaploi - the heart of the old city. These narrow, dark, busy streets are atmospheric and lively. Great restaurants, shops, cafes and churches - all in streets about 6m wide! Far enough away from the station area to avoid the worst of Naples streetlife, but near enough to the action to see the best of it. Yes, it's a little edgy, but in a good way.

Use this little B&B to be bang smack in the middle of it all.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2006

I was suspicious about the hotel... old center of Naples... only 3 bedrooms... not expensive... but the photos looked nice. However I never thought I would find beds with unwashed sheets (they remained in the beds after used by previous customers), still with blood (... probably from mosquito bites)... Never again, even if one is in a rush!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple